[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What do you look for in a website • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What do you look for in a website

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What do you look for in a website

Postby egillis » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:10 pm

Hi,
I own a travel agency and I have a website. A lot of people who look at it say its a nice site but then there have been a few that say that its missing something and needs more to keep them on the site looking around. I agree with these people, its missing "something" I am redoing the site now and have changed the colors etc and added some links to articles that I have written about travel...

Would anyone care to look at the current site and tell me what you think it needs? Its the perfect time because I am redoing the whole site and need all the help I can get. I toook the entire month of August off so the wallet is a little thin... :wink:

my site is www.rocktour.net

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Eileen
egillis

Postby seafoam » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:46 pm

I don't know if this is of any help since I know nothing of that industry, but having looked at your home page for some time, I'm not really clear exactly what you do, or what I have to do to purchase your services.

Basically the home page is way too busy.

You might like to read this blog post and the one it references:
seafoam

Postby Sandra » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:45 pm

Sandra
Elite Member

Postby MarketingSyndrome » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:54 pm

Hi Eileen,
Looks like you just have too much to share with the readers :) Which is awesome. All you need to do is "re-organize" them. You do have some great contents. As Sandra recommended, try a two column (I recommend 50%, 50% columns) site. Main promotion goes to left column, and you can use the right column for all your other information.

I'd also remove that black image, I think it's not doing anything there.

Good luck with your website and let us know how it turns out.

Bo
MarketingSyndrome

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming