[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hello From Hermosa Beach, California. (What Does A Succ...) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hello From Hermosa Beach, California. (What Does A Succ...)

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Hello From Hermosa Beach, California. (What Does A Succ...)

Postby dblwide » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:08 am

Hi Everyone!

This is my coming out party. I have never participated in any online forums. Don't ask me why, but I think I was saving myself for that perfect one.

Lynn, I hope you're proud to be my first :oops:

I don't wish to bore everyone with my long story of great riches so I'll just
tell the truth.

2 years ago I gave up a lucrative position with a Commercial Real Estate Company for the Fame and Glory of the Internet.

I stand before you today, super broke. Actually super-duper broke. However, I have accumulated the knowledge of the Internet gods and paid a very high price.

There's no course, ebook, software program that I have not bought. And you know what my problem is, I can't focus long enough to finish one project. Anyone with me on that one?

Enough of that.

On to my questions:

"What Does A Successful Internet Business Look Like?" and
"What Does A Successful Internet Business Owner Look Like?

Should I do another post for these questions?

I don't want to put any parameters on this question or lead anyone down a particular path. There is no right or wrong answer, it's whatever you feel the question is referring to.

I have my very long answer but I don't really want to post it until this catches a little momentum.

Hey, is anyone going to Big Seminar? If so, I'll see you there :D
dblwide

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:47 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby dblwide » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:25 pm

dblwide

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:01 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sugarrae » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 pm

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby AaronC » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:33 am

What does a successful internet business look like?
Depends on the business. But it looks LIKE a business, atleast.
And it's everywhere. Advertising seems to be key.

But yea, profitable helps. =)

Probably less of what it looks like and more of what it acts like. Lean, mean, determined money-making machine. Like a jungle cat, hunting it's prey... focused with a determination that makes even the laziest man snap to.

What's a successful owner look like? Externally... who knows. Internally... determined, with a purpose and a reason. I have yet to meet a successful internet business geek that got there without either a lot of money or a lot of hard work. Usually both.

I'm guessing that if you're having trouble sticking with a project then having more projects or toys to play with isn't going to help. This probably falls under the "no magic pills" category where you actually need to sit down and draft a schedule for yourself. I will spend X amount of time per day doing Y. And so on, and so on. If you can actually splice it into set hours, even better (I've never been able to do that), but atleast dedicate hours to certain projects so they get done.
AaronC

What does an internet business look like

Postby camddm » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:46 am

Yes I would say profitable. But it must be fun. A business must also be something you believe in, something that feels good to the soul. Making money is great, but if it doesn't support your inner self, than it won't work in the lon run. I guess it just has to be real. The internet is fuul of people promising riches for nothing. No one ever makes money without time effort and energy, and of course some financial committment.
My best advise is to find the one thing that you would buy, or the one service that you want, put your heart into it, and give it your all. Being a "part time" anything simply show a lack of committment. Remember that your clients, your purchasers, are not only buying into your product or service they are buying YOU!!!

Dom Mogavero
Life Coach
Creative Marketing Tactics
Buffalo, NY 14222
715-884-0545
dmogavero@adelphia.net[/i]
camddm

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:30 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sugarrae » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:34 am

" Making money is great, but if it doesn't support your inner self, than it won't work in the lon run."

Depends on if you are looking for your business to define your inner self I guess. I love what I do as a whole, but a lot of times I'm selling products I would never use myself as an affiliate marketer. If I limited myself to only what I'm interested in, I would cut off about 60% of the products I promote. But, yes, interest is probably a great starting point. For me, my first site was on something I knew nothing about. You can take the money you make and put a portion to very many good causes to support your inner self. I highly believe in giving to charities.

That's not to say I am saying to scam people. Don't sell a product that you know is worthless, etc. But, you also don't need to "personally use" everything you sell yourself. But, you also have to do what makes you feel comfortable ;).
sugarrae
Elite Member

Re: Hello From Hermosa Beach, California. (What Does A Succ

Postby LilyPerez » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:33 am

LilyPerez

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:09 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby happimel » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:39 pm

A successful business person I believe has certain things they do daily.

1. Face your fears and come out of paralysis
2. Be willing to count the costs, and take the risks
3. Learning and improving

I believe that if you are not willing to grow as a person, your business will possibly show it. Now, I know that's not true for all people. It really takes a mix of things, but mainly people skills.

Just my two cents :)

Melanie
happimel

Postby dblwide » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:19 pm

Hey Guys,

Great posts!

I had no idea I was getting any replies.
I check marked the "get notified of replies"
but I wasn't receiving anything in the inbox.

I have a few cents to add but I'm really
busy "focusing" :D

I'm gonna post what I think I successful
internet business looks like and what
an owner looks like (not physical appearance)
because we all come in those different colors,
shapes and sizes. But we all have a brain
and a heart. That's where success lies.

Thanks guys. I'll be back
dblwide

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion