[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - GoDaddy Domain Names & Affiliate Marketing • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

GoDaddy Domain Names & Affiliate Marketing

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

GoDaddy Domain Names & Affiliate Marketing

Postby NitaB » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:56 am

I normally use GoDaddy for purchasing my domain names but recently I have come across others who refuse to use them because they are not Affiliate Marketing friendly. I believe it has something to do with their SPAM and charging additional fees for maintence which is listed in their TOS.

Has anyone had any problems with them?
NitaB

Postby Jim Guinn » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:54 am

I have always used GD and am also a reseller for them. I have never had one problem with them.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby NitaB » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:58 am

Thanks, Jim! I've never had any problems but as I am setting up my first website I really don't want any issues.
NitaB

Postby Domain Name Guy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:37 pm

Domain Name Guy

Postby Bina Omar » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:23 pm

Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby NitaB » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:12 pm

NitaB

Postby Domain Name Guy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:07 am

Without sounding like a doomsayer, I'll say this.

Everything has an inherent risk somewhere. Whether you use Go Daddy,
Namecheap, or some other lesser known domain provider, the important
thing is to be aware of those risks.

Read their fine prints, ask them questions. Know what you can and can't
do.

I'll grant that it isn't getting any easier which provider does this or that. I
wish I can simply say, "Go with X! They won't do this guaranteed!"

However, one reality is we're going to see more registrars taking more
proactive measures against spam, phishing, and the like, especially when
they grow "bigger". The registrar I currently recommend can very well do
a Go Daddy tomorrow, things change.

Again, be aware. And be prepared to act swiftly and accordingly.

Good luck!
Domain Name Guy

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:13 pm

Atta Boy Dave!

That's the best explanation I've seen on any forum about this potential issue. I've tried to tell people in a similar way.

Due diligence is all one can do. Most registrars have pretty much the same type of TOS. Personally I have been using GoDaddy since about 2000, though I have gotten a few bargains at other registrars also. I like GD and am continuing to use them as my main Registrar. I've shuttled a few domains between GD and other registrars with no issues.

It's NOT a perfect clear-cut online marketing world out there. Things can and do go wrong from both sides of the fence. You'll rarely have issues IF you actually abide by the "rules".

FWIWA,

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Hello

Postby Beverly » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Beverly
Elite Member

Postby rfresh » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:42 pm

I think GD is fine for domain management and that's all you should be doing with it (there are a ton of other ways to market your domain name/website than to worry about affiliate marketing friendly domain services).

However, I cannot recommend GoDaddy's websites as they are just too limiting in what they allow you to do. I'd recommend to anyone a Linux server as there are a ton of free applications that most Linux hosting providers make available to their customers.
rfresh

Re: Hello

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Getagrip » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:09 am

You may not want to use Godaddy if you are collecting opt ins, but other than that, you should be ok - I've personally never had any problems, but I have read some horror stories.
Getagrip

Domain Names

Postby Beverly » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the Domain Name. I might want to add opt in for my blog which is why I am getting Domain. If Go Daddy would not be the best choice, whom do you recommend?

Thanks for your input.

Beverly
Beverly
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:41 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Domain Name Guy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:40 am

Domain Name Guy

Next

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting