[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Are Your AdWords Landing Pages Up To The Task? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Are Your AdWords Landing Pages Up To The Task?

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Are Your AdWords Landing Pages Up To The Task?

Postby CorpRebel » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:23 pm

The "shake-up" continues ... Looks like Google is gonna get a bit tougher for AdWords links to low quality "landing pages" that are basically MFAs (Made For AdSense).

From The Clickz Network ...
http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3619066

The good news IS ...

If you have been following what Lynn and many others here at SSWT have been saying all along about quality and relevant content being the way to go, you should have NO problems with this issue. :mrgreen:

Should be interesting ...

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby cj99 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:07 am

They have killed a few of my sites that were profitable. And these were not MFA's.

I think they went overboard and do not like affiliates clogging up adwords.

I'm not alone. There is lots of foot stomping and nashing of teeth going on at some other boards.

CJ
cj99

Postby itay » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:57 am

I want to say one thing, this has showed, again, to all of the online marketers, how search engines control us and how easily can have major issues in the business at any given time!

just my thoughts...

Itay
itay

Postby Kirk » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:16 pm

Here's a good article I found on the subject.

Theories are flying as to what's driving this, but many believe that Google is on the cusp of launching it's own affilate network (i.e., Commission Junction) or they're bowing to pressure by non-affilate advertisers who are unhappy with inflated PPC costs created by the affiliate competition.

Several of my eBay sites got nailed earlier this week. Since only about 15% of my traffic comes from PPC, I'm still debating my next move. I think it's prudent to see if more changes are coming down the pike before taking any action. Apparently Yahoo has similar plans in the works...[/url]
Kirk

Postby WAHumor » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:23 pm

This about surviving this latest Google gotcha provides excellent info on what you can do now.

It's clear, straightforward and honest. You'll have several good useful steps to take in minutes.

The important thing is not the reading, of course, but the doing.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby BrianHendrix » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:11 am

I think how hard you get hit obviously depends on your market. So far my market has not got hit, cross my fingers, but you never know. It sure is hard when you can't even place an ad and feel reliably certain.

This seems more like dating than advertising.
BrianHendrix

Postby Dale King » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:53 pm

Corp. Rebel's exactly right. It's all about relevancy and quality content. In fact, I recently wrote an article about this very subject:

http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... hp?t=11700

Dale King
Dale King

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising