[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Setting Goals? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Setting Goals?

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Setting Goals?

Postby seabella » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:31 am

I am looking for a good ways to set goals and
the most important to be able to follow them up.
Any idea how?
seabella

Setting Goals: Simpleology

Postby California Jerry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:37 am

Hi Seabella,

You might want to check out Mark Joyner's http://www.Simpleology.com. It may not be exactly a goal setting course but you will learn some time management and life style principles there.
California Jerry
Elite Member

Postby seabella » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi Jerry,

Thank you, I will check up this website.
seabella

Postby Mommyland » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:08 pm

One thing I do is to make smaller goals to reach my main goal. for me I like instant gradification and it helps continue and keep in mind the mail goal.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Setting Goals By The Week

Postby California Jerry » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:57 pm

Another method I've been using is to establish an activity that I will engage in for the entire week. For example I needed to get my taxes done for the prior year, they were late because I couldn't ever find the time to get to them. So I determined one week that was all I would do.

Every time there was a distraction or a temptation to do something else, I would tell myself, "OK, but first I have to work on my taxes for the next hour or so."

This was highly effective and I will be using it from now on.

Another thing I've done is to set a timer for an hour in the kitchen. That way I have to get up to turn it off. Then I set it for 15 minutes and do another activity. Then I set it to another hour and get back to work on the main activity of focus.
California Jerry
Elite Member

Postby JosephRatliff » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:00 pm

One of the main keys to successful goal setting is a simple one that many miss...

Make them attainable.

If you set your goals out of reach consistently, you will "give up" and probably wonder why you couldn't attain that goal.

Make them attainable...small steps towards a larger long - term goal is progress, and progress is what you are after...you can always stretch your goals a little if you find that they are too easily attainable.

For example...a number of people have asked me... "How do I make $10,000 a month online?"

I tell them "You can't."

To which they usually reply "Why not?"

Then, I say "Exactly."

I am not trying to be rude...but if you have never made 10k in a month online...it is tough to fathom making and understanding that...until you set your goals to make $1, then $10, then $100, then $500, then $1000, then $3000, then $5000, and so forth online.

See how many smaller monetary goals you should achieve if that was your initial thought ($10 k a month)?

You can apply this to almost all types of goal setting.

Enjoy!
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:16 pm

Great reminder. If its not your only going to let yourself down. OR rush to make it then get total burn out and think that everything out there is nothing but a scam.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Barry Rice » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:24 pm

First, define what success WILL be in your future, be it business or personal - a couple sentences.

Then, and only then, begin to establish goals that support - NOT conflict with - what your success will be. After you satisfied yourself and can say, "Yep, if I achieve these goals, I can begin living my success" (although simply by setting the goals, mentally, you're already living your success - it's just not here yet).

But, wait, you're not through yet. Next, you must take the time to develop a step-by-step action plan to achieve each goal. It's the small daily activities that achieve goals - NOT the big, one-time activities.

After you've got your plan(s), take a hard look at them and make sure you're willing to complete each task. I've seen too mnay people get to this point, only to say, "Hey, I ain't doing that!" If you're not willing to complete each activity, fine, then change your goal, or if, necessary, go back and look at what success you want in your future.

Nothing worse than getting to half-way in working on your goals only to run up against some task you're not willing to do, and then to just stop and say, "The hell with it. I knew if wouldn''t work in the first place."

Finally, goal achievement requires what I call the burning-in-the-belly desire to succeed - that NO one will stop you. You WILL achieve!

Setting a course for your future, setting goals and planning can be the hardest work anyone's ever done - if done sincerely. However, achieving goals IS the easiest work one can do once the planniing is done.

Best of success seabella
Barry Rice

Postby gkideas » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:29 pm

gkideas

Postby Barry Rice » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:31 am

Barry Rice

a few things on goals...

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:58 am

ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby seabella » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:00 pm

seabella

How do you score these goals

Postby eddiet » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:51 am

Do you use a rating system to work out the level of success or is it just yes or no I did it?
eddiet

Re: How do you score these goals

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:14 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Know your Why

Postby Katherine Reschke » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:10 pm

Katherine Reschke
Elite Member

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement