[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Just started blogging, How, What, and Why? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Just started blogging, How, What, and Why?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Just started blogging, How, What, and Why?

Postby grafx77 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:12 am

grafx77

Postby Bina Omar » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:36 am

Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby grafx77 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:44 pm

Hello Bina,

Thank you for your response first of all. You have cleared up my previous questions quite well. Your comments lead me though to another obvious question.

Which blogger should I use for maximum flexibility and exposure? Does Blogger have the customization options similiar to Wordpress, where you can use your own theme?

I have explored Wordpress's website and many wordpress template websites, but couldn't find any plugins or additional information on customizing blogger's theme. It seems as if blogger isn't as flexible as Wordpress. What is your take?

John
grafx77

Postby Lynette » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:02 am

Lynette

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:51 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynette » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:07 pm

Lynette

Postby grafx77 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:33 am

grafx77

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:46 pm

I was manually updating my blog entries and then I switched to Blogger.

What I did:

1. Created a at blogger.com.

2. Created a account. You can create an HTML feed that will automatically update on your site AND give your readers the option to have it delivered to their inbox every day. Other options include My Yahoo! and Newsgator or a straight XML feed. Feedburner also tells you how many people are subscribed to your blog.

3. Placed an animated blog "ticker" in my signature and placed subscription buttons (or chicklets) for XML, My Yahoo! and email on my and my blog.

After spending so much time creating the site, I really didn't want to spend MORE time on modding a Wordpress template. You have to do what's right for you and your solution may be totally different than mine.
Jennifer Hadorn

Postby grafx77 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:17 pm

grafx77

Postby grafx77 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:38 pm

grafx77

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:56 am

Jennifer Hadorn

Postby grafx77 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:13 am

grafx77

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:15 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby grafx77 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:34 pm

grafx77

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:40 am

Since you already have a blog at Blogger, just go to and enter the url of the blog where it says "Burn a feed right this instant. Type your blog or feed address here:" (ie http://backyardgrown.blogspot.com ).

Then when you get logged in to Feedburner, click on the "Publicize" tab. Then you'll click on "Buzz Boost" which will turn your feed into a small piece of HTML you can drop into your web page and it will update every 30 minutes or so. Be sure and check "Display item content" and choose "Full HTML." That's all you have to do, aside from posting on Blogger whenever you need to. Feeburner makes it really easy.

You have updated content for your site and all you have to do is blog on Blogger. :D

There are tons more options for publicizing your blog. Just use the ones that fit your needs and offer more portability to your readers. I thought there would be yet another learning curve for me to conquer, but it's REALLY simple. The text that is pulled to your site should automatically match your style and template.

If you need a better explanation just IM me or something. :wink:
Jennifer Hadorn

Next

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging