[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Identifying Target Market of Potential Clients • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Identifying Target Market of Potential Clients

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Identifying Target Market of Potential Clients

Postby kola » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:55 am

Hi, I am new and currently building a Virtual Tour portal. I have a good idea of type of businesses to target, but I realise that this is becoming a competitive market and I need to develop an effective strategy to remain ahead of the pack.
One idea that I have at the moment in order to secure business with potential clients is that I need to know what is their target market and how to adapt my sales pitch to demonstrate how a Virtual tour of their business would enhance their sales.
I would appreciate tips on how to better refine and identify the target market of my clients, level of those likely to have access to the Internet before I visit them to make my sales pitch.

I see the following advantages:
1 It gives me a USP in that I am not just interested in selling my service to potential clients and going away but also interested in their own target market and their increased business profitability.
2 Such a market research will help me determine the most profitable areas for virtual tours ahead of the competition and target them
3 If I am able to determine and calculate the increased value to their business by introducing a virtual tour I could then set and justify my fees accordingly to reflect the benefit to their business
kola

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:34 am

Hi Kola & Welcome :D

The first idea that comes to mind is that you could survey your target market for this type of information. You might set it up so that you give them a free 30 day trial of your service in exchange for filling out the quick form.

Even similar business models may have a different target market or ideal client - local vs virtual for example, or retail vs wholesale.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Sharon & Roy » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:31 pm

Hi Kola,

Lots of good information to be found using your query ...

Your Friends,

Sharon and Roy Montero
Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Postby seafoam » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:58 pm

seafoam

Target Market

Postby KathleenGageSpeaker » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:51 pm

Hi Kola,

I agree with the idea of surveying your customers. They will have key information that is sure to help you better identify their market.

Kathleen Gage
KathleenGageSpeaker

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion