[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How To Maximise RSS Feeds For Traffic Generation Purposes? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How To Maximise RSS Feeds For Traffic Generation Purposes?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

How To Maximise RSS Feeds For Traffic Generation Purposes?

Postby micmol » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:30 pm

micmol

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:27 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:01 am

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:04 am

Jon

Postby Jon » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:57 pm

Jon

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:15 am

Very interesting! I'm sure it wont be long before someone figures out the method they use and publishes that information - or offers a package with the feature built-in.

With my "blog", my purpose is to build a readership and also to gain trust and loyalty through my writing. It's a great tool for reaching out, building relationships and allowing people a "no obligation" way to decide whether my offers (newsletter, forum, membership site, etc) are a good match for them.

My "product feed" is an RSS Feed with another intention, altogether - marketing, of course. The purpose there is to gain leveredge in the major search engines and also to promote products directly. Each post may contain a product image, description and of course direct order link.

If you were publishing articles or other information via RSS, with the intention of increasing your revenue through Adsense or other advertising models, I would definitely suggest publishing "summaries" and encouraging readers to click-through with a strong call-to-action.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Marketing Your Blog

Postby christian1 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:47 am

I am expanding on these, as more come in I will add.

1. Place your feed in my directory of course :wink: - www.rss-feeds-directory.com

2. Place all your feeds in the directories on this page - www.rss-feeds-directory.com/blog_lists.html

3. For fast inclusion into yahoo, get yourself a "my yahoo" page - http://my.yahoo.com/ and place your rss feed on that page.
Also have a link which allows other people to put your rss feed on their own "my yahoo" page. See "my yahoo" for details.

4. For fast inclusion to msn, also open a "my msn" account and add your rss feed to that page.

5. Place your blog on all the major search engines - http://www.thewebtrafficco.com/search_engine.html

6. Join this site and add your blog (free) - www.BlogExplosion.com

7. Ping your blog after every post at - http://pingomatic.com/

8. Place a "blogroll" on your blog using - www.blogrolling.com

7. Make a blog post at least every day or less. If you don't think you can write enough content on a daily basis, there are many free articles out there you can use.

8. Invite other editors/writers or webmasters to write on your blog as co-editors. Make sure you allow them to include their "resource box" at the bottom of each post and set up an "about our editors" page.

9. Place a link and description to your blog on all your websites, out going emails and any autoresponder courses you have set up.

10. Announce your blog at forums you currently use/participate in.

11. Place informative responses in the "comments" box of other highly trafficked blogs in your field of business.

Now this last one I'm still working on and will have the proper answers soon!

When placing a blogroll you will get more SE hits and a higher ranking if you have the title of each new post and a shoret description of the post on your site rather than just a link to that site. Something to do with pinging.

I will explain more once I have the proper answer. :lol:

Also, you can add adsense to every post. It is done by editing your main script.

For an example see my blog here - http://catdynamics.com/business/index.php

Cheers, Chris
Anam cara
Last edited by christian1 on Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christian1

Postby affiliatemax.com » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:58 am

Very helpful post Chris, thanks. Also came across this article which may be of interest (although many of the tips in it have already been covered above) :)

Search Engine Optimization For RSS Feeds:
http://www.workz.com/content/view_conte ... nt_id=6773

Mark.
affiliatemax.com

Postby totalnet » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:01 pm

Hi,

I really agree with the post by Chris. Those are all top notch ideas for sure.

One thing missed was using Blog & Ping to really boost your sites indexing and ranking by Search Engines. The process is very manual, but there are now a bunch of tools out that automate the process for you.

My personal favorite is a Desktop tool that automates the blog and ping process. I used to to take a brand new website from ZERO to over 4,000 unique visitors in under 2 weeks. The whole process is really amazing.

If you haven't heard of it before, you can see my personal results at:

http://www.TotalNetMarketing.com/bam.php
totalnet

Postby Josiah » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:19 pm

This article may be of interest to you:

Josiah

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity