[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What is it with these "guru's"? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What is it with these "guru's"?

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

What is it with these "guru's"?

Postby PattyGale » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:32 am

PattyGale

Postby koanwrangler » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:40 am

Patty,

On John's sales page you'll find a video testimonial from Gary Halbert. Barring a posthumous testimonial from Napoleon Hill, that's as good as it gets. I was impressed.

Back to the subject... You might consider trying, without judgment, familiarizing yourself with the players in your new game.

Here's how I did it. I went to www.gurudaq.com and started clicking on names. Last time I checked, John Reese was ranked #1.

While you're clicking around, join their email lists. What makes them different? What are all the lists pushing?

Here's a hint, though, about the prices. At John Reese's level, the marketers are dealing with double opt-in lists numbering in the tens, or hundreds of thousands. If you learn something from his program that allows you to increase your conversion rate by 10%, the difference could be enough money to buy that Loft in Manhatten. Or that Ranch in Wyoming. A lot more than the cost of the knowledge.

He'll even teach you how to build your list.

You've got a lot of fun ahead of you... enjoy!
koanwrangler

I will definitely do some digging.

Postby PattyGale » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:59 am

I will definitely do some digging as you suggest, however, my next question is this?

O.K.. so, I went to the site you mentioned. This is like the stock exchange of internet marketing "gurus". Now, I've seen everything. My question is what are the requirements for getting "listed" and how credible is this information?

So, back to the guru websites. Are they marketing to the newbie? If so, he newbie does't have that kind of money.

Are they taking their "marketing expertise" to the offline small to mid-sized business community?

I think someone said it in another thread, too, many of these "guru's" are endorsing each other.

To me, it really doesn't matter how they rank in the "guru" world, $4500+ is still an exhorbitant amount of money to spend on a seminar and $1000 for a digital product is as well.
PattyGale

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:04 pm

John Reese is actually selling a physical product - the manual is over 500 pages and there are (I believe) 6 DVD's and also Audio CD's. I quoted that off the top of my head, so forgive me if I missed anything.

At any rate - I believe the price is more relative to 'income potential' than anything else. As for the targeted market - I would assume John is marketing to those that already have websites (or are in the process of developing one) as those are the people seeking 'traffic'.

There is a 3-part payment option, and of course many people used credit cards... and there are plenty out there that have the means (solid business income, outside job, savings, ability to sell-like-crazy whatever they can manage in order to come up with the investment, etc). If they want it bad enough - they will find a way.

You cant really compare an "offline" seminar or product to one "online". Consider this comparison - You can walk into any book store and buy a book for 7.95-24.95. You buy an ebook online, you're generally looking at 49.95-197.00

The values are different - all the way around.

Those are just a few thoughts I wanted to share after reading this thread... but at the same time, I do feel like this particular course is priced to high. And the only thing that makes me say that is the Affiliate payout rate. If you take that off the top, you're getting a SUPER value for the money.

:arrow: Which is why I became an Affiliate and offered the Rebate option - - to pass on a price that was more fair to the buyer.

Money itself is an interesting topic. $1000 can be made easily by selling 10 items worth $100 each. Or 100 items worth $10 each. It's also the amount I used to spend every four months on my telephone bills (until I switched plans - thank goodness! - lol). When I consider that - I'd much rather spend $1000 on John Reese's lifetime of work and case studies than 4 months of long distance charges :lol: . Or, if you're a packrat like me, you can probably clean house and earn $1000 on eBay in 7-10 days time.

And then - gosh, I cant forget about spending $50 early this year that really made a difference in my business - - to the tune of AT LEAST $1000/month ever since then! Or my PPC Campaigns... sometimes (on a bad month) I'll spend $500 to make $1000 profit ($1500 gross). And I dont think twice about it - as long as I'm AT LEAST doubling my money, but more generally tripling my money - in the worst case.

So when I think about spending $1000 (or just $597 for those that took the $400 Rebate option) - the first thing I ask myself is: Am I prepared to turn it into $10,000 :?: Because that's what it is - it's an investment. And you have to be prepared to absorb all of the information... and then to take action on it. So it's about more than just having the money - it's also about having the time, the initiative, the motivation.

Would you spend $1000 to make $10,000?

Most people would answer YES!

But would you spend $1000 to find out how to make $10,000?

A lot of people will... and those that take action will undoubtedly earn much, much more than that.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:12 pm

And Patty - NONE of this was meant to undermine your thoughts or feelings on the matter... or directed at you. Just some thoughts that came to mind after reading this thread. I am sure there are many others that share your opinions, and I look forward to a good discussion on this topic! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: I will definitely do some digging.

Postby koanwrangler » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:13 pm

koanwrangler

Postby alice » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:36 pm

alice

Postby wahmjennie » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:19 pm

I so agree with Alice.

Knowledge, like time, is money. I recently had a relative write and say "I wish someone would come and teach me how to do something" I was going, "Hello? If you want to get somewhere in life you don't sit around just hoping someone will show up at your door and "teach you how to make money" You have to get off your bu** and go to college or get some kind of knowledge that will help you.

Someone isn't going to do it for you. And by the way, college is way more expensive than any digital product I have found.

(no attack on anyone, just sharing a personal experience and my 2 cents)

I fully believe in "paying" for knowledge that I feel will help me earn more money or solve a problem. I'm printing out a 91 page ebook that I just paid for as I type, the cost: $24.97. The book: Profit Pulling Newsletters by Joel Christopher (known as the Master Listbuilder). If you'd like a review when I'm done reading it just PM me.

The bottom line: if I can take the knowledge I learn from this ebook, apply it and only double my investment I will consider the price tag very much worth it.

And I intend to do more than just double my investment. But I'll keep you posted!

By the way I did not buy John Reese's course simply for lack of funds, but believe me I would if I could (with or without lynn's rebate I would have ordered it through her affiliate link, I like the idea that I'm helping a fellow WAHM that I really really like and trust)

Sleep on that tonight Lynn ;)

-Jennie
wahmjennie

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:56 am

Thank you, Jennie! And I believe I owe you a 'double thanks' - if I'm not mistaken, you mentioned sswt in a recent article that you wrote - very much appreciated! :D

As for Profit Pulling Newsletters, I'd love to hear your review of this material! I'd suggest that you post it here in the Testimonials & Product Reviews section. I am currently reading Order Button Triggers, myself (terrific so far!) so I'll be sure to give a full review on that one as well ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

John Reese Course

Postby Dan1 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:40 pm

Dan1

Postby ozconnection » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:05 pm

:D

Hi Everyone

First of all let me introduce myself.

My name is Merilyn Rogers and I'm from Australia and live in the city of Brisbane.

I'm new to the forum so this is in fact my first post.

I have been actively involved in internet marketing for just over 2 years and have my own website and weekly newsletter.

While I am making money online, I wouldn't say that I have reached millionaire status yet, far from it, that takes years.

My first consideration was also the rather steep price, but after studying the Traffic Secrets website in detail and listening to all the audios and testimonials AND doing some research on Google search engine, I found Lynn Terry and Self Starter's Weekly Tips.

Lynn at the time was offering a $250.00 discount just for signing up to the newsletter which I promptly did.

Then, I decided to take the plunge and buy the course through Lynn's link.

Not that I could afford it in a money sense at the time, but after much thought and deliberation, I figured well, if you want to be successful at internet marketing, then you have to be trained and mentored by someone who has been super successful before you. It just makes common sense. On that basis alone, I figured that I just couldn't afford to NOT have this course.

My course materials arrived on Monday 30th August, just one week after I ordered them. Now we must remember that less than 24 hours after launch, they had run out of copies and had to have more produced, so I reckon the delivery time all the way to Australia was pretty damn good. And I've gotta tell you, the shipping charge to Australia and any other international country outside the US was over $100.00 US which further added to the cost. And if you consider that the Australian dollar is currently trading at 70c US, then go figure my personal cost in Australian dollars.

The box contained the following

2 thick training manuals nearly 250 pages each.
1 Training Workbook

6 DVD Set taken from John Reese's Seminar held in Orlando Florida in March this year, where participants paid $4500 each to attend.

Volume 1 - Pay Per Click Mastery
Volume 2 - Web and Email Advertisng Success
Volume 3 - Search Engine Domination
Volume 4 - Linking Strategies & Viral Marketing
Volume 5 - Free Traffic Methods PLUS

John Reese's Testing & Tracking DVD (The Easy Way to Maximize Your Internet Profits)

John Reese's Outsourcing Secrets (How to Increase Your Profits by Leveraging the Work of Others) DVD

Now the 5 CDS

Traffic Secrets QUICKSTART Audio CD

#1 Keyword Discovery
#2 Google Adwords Mastery
#3 Overture & PPCSE Tactics
#4 Search Engine Empire
#5 Partner Profit Machine

PLUS

John Reese's Exit Traffic Strategies (Profit from Web Site Visitors that Leave your Site) CD

PLUS

6 Blueprints (the same ones that were handed to John's Seminar Participants)

Unfortunately, copyright precludes me from telling you any more about this wonderful course, however all I can say is that as yet I'm not finished going through the course for the first time yet, but already, I can see the value in the materials and excellent step by step presentation of the tutorials.

Gee I wished that I had access to this kind of training two years ago. I've already been taught the big mistakes that I was making with Google Adwords, Overture and other PPCs back then, which cost me literally THOUSANDS.

John Reese had been around for years and I've known about him in one way or another since I started internet marketing. So he's no Johnny Come Lately...no pun intended.

Good education and training was never FREE. Think about it, look what it would have cost your parents to put you through school to whatever level you attained.

Then you go to university or college as the case may be to obtain degrees so that you can earn your living in your chosen profession. NOT CHEAP.

Therefore, I personally think that if you are serious about wanting to work from home and make internet marketing your chosen career, AND if you are serious about wanting to be super successful, then I would put it to you. How can you possibly do WITHOUT this course.

If you can't afford it right now, budget some money aside and when you CAN afford to purchase it, do so.......your internet marketing success DEPENDS on it. But it's one thing to buy and study the course. But unless you are going to implement some or all of it's teachings, then I'd suggest you save your money.

Cheers
ozconnection

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:26 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mike Merz » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:03 am

Great thread, All ..;)

I think this is a classic case of getting out of something = what you put into it ...

... as long as the tools provided to do the job are adequate, which I believe they are (in this case).

There is no magic bullet ... doing business Online is exactly that, a business (no magic wands, secret potions, etc.) ... YOUR business.

Treat it like one ... learn, gain credibility and exposure, network, research, promote (JV and co-promote), track, analyze ... repeat (in no particular order). ;)

If ordering TS fits into your business budget ... pick it up.

Utilized to it's full potential ... I'm sure you'll make up for the cost, and satisfy your ROI.

Regards,

Mike "Internet Marketing: Make It Your Business" Merz
Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby Jim Guinn » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:33 pm

Lynn,

I have been considering purchasing John's course for a couple of days now. This thread was helpful in my research to decide whether I will invest the money. My question is, are you still offering the rebate you mentioned in your first post in this thread? If so, please direct me to the rebate information.

Thank you.
Jim

Edited: I just found another thread where you posted that you (all Traffic Secrets affiliates) had to stop giving cash rebates via John's instructions. Has he reinstated rebates because I have found a few sites that are still offering anywhere between $150 and $250? (the latter a perk for being a gold member of a site I belong to and by "special permission").
Jim Guinn

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:51 am

I'd be happy to honor the original rebate offer, Jim ;)

The link to use is: http://www.trafficsecrets.com/lterry

Just send me a PM with your mailing address (for rebate check) once your order goes through.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion