[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - wish to find a good tool to mange my links • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

wish to find a good tool to mange my links

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

wish to find a good tool to mange my links

Postby foxtrot » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:23 pm

:roll:

wish to find a good tool to mange my links.

i already saw a number of tools but they do cost a lot of money so
i want some advice before i decide.
foxtrot

Postby condor » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:27 pm

i alredy answered this in another form.
before you go around spending money give Link Swapper a try.

it is a very good reliable easy to use tool. and it is free.
i will give you the url:
http://www.link-swapper.com

so you can decide for yourself
condor

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:17 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby alice » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:53 pm

I haven't used the one mentioned above, but it's a php directory. Personally, I don't usually exchange links with someone using a php or dynamic links directory as the benefit of Google PageRank will likely be minimal and in some cases the pages may not be indexed at all. However, it looks like their example links directory is being indexed, but the site doesn't have any PageRank assigned.

I have written a couple of reviews on Arelis & Zeus. You may take a look at:

But alas, these aren't free...but have some pretty great features and let you build html pages, find link partners (but be careful with Arelis's tool...it uses search engine bandwidth and Zeus is a better tool for this) and ensure your link partners continue to link back.

Alice
alice

Postby sugarrae » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:39 am

sugarrae
Elite Member

Re: wish to find a good tool to mange my links

Postby flensborg » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:13 am

flensborg

Postby alice » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:20 am

alice

Postby rmjvol » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:18 am

rmjvol

Postby alice » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:29 pm

alice

Postby rmjvol » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:25 pm

rmjvol

::: File Extensions and High PageRank - Does It Matter? :::

Postby Sharon & Roy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:33 pm

Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Postby alice » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:55 pm

Hee hee...you've been busy Sharon & Roy. From your study, the answer would be no, there isn't a lower rank...but hey, I'm still going by what I see as a general trend (no scientific studies done!). I'll take html over dynamic content any day...at least when it comes to search engines. :)

But you have shown that you need not be crippled by php...it is *possible* to rank well.

Alice
alice

Postby rmjvol » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:41 pm

rmjvol

Postby foxtrot » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:48 am

hi flensberg

i did folow condors tip, used the tool for about a week now.
works relly good.
there is also an option to play around with the coulors
so you get very nice link pages.
dont know about the traffic, too early to tell.
foxtrot

Postby sugarrae » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:11 pm

"Of course, you need to scrutinize every linking opportunity"

LOL... between all my sites I sometimes get 100 a week. Everything that looks automated or non-related is auto dumped. Then out of the rest, if I see Zues, links manager or what have you, I trash the request. I don't have time to spend sifting through their backlinks, etc to make sure they aren't a link farmer. And even then, as I said, the temptation is there for them to do it in the future ;).

"My guideline is that I don't generally reciprocate links from most automated link direcories like zeus."

Exactly. Not to say I wouldn't make an exception, but I'm usually to busy to bother with it to see if they're even worth the exception.

"If a links page (in a directory on on any site) isn't *showing* PR, it's usually something like"

In addition, most of these always seem to be www.domains.com/mainlinkarea/category/index.html - ok, not always THAT long, but you get the drift. It being so far down in the heirarchy (and since it usually isn't receiving a good amount of incoming links) of the site means it will only get a decent amount of PR if the PR to the main pages are very high.

"G is deliberately trying to make it harder for people to do SEO"

Gasp! Tell me it ain't so ;). LOL - yea, that's my guess too. Plus, links below PR4 do count, they just don't show in a backlink search.

"I'll take html over dynamic content any day"

Second Ross, easily agree on that. ;)
sugarrae
Elite Member

Next

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion