This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Love it? Hate it? Have an idea to share? Let me know what you'd like to see in the newsletter, on the site and in the forum! I'm all ears ;)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby nar321 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:14 pm

Tried to change my Avatar(PIcture) in the "Edit Avatar" section of my profile, was unable to get beyond deleting the old one. No "Browse" button to access my hard drive and then upload via submit my chosen photo.
nar321
Elite Member

Re: Avatar Problem

Postby terrapin719 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:20 pm

phpBB is moody with avatars ... it's usually easier to use one that's offsite. (you can use photobucket of flickr even)
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:55 am

Yep - there is a line to link to an offline avatar, which will not only save on Lynn's storage space and bandwidth, but will avoid any uploading issues. So upload avatars to third party image storage services like Loretta suggested.

I personally use Photobucket http://www.photobucket.com Then just paste in the direct URL to your image into the space in your profile for your avatar to show.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Thanks used Photobucket. Seems to be distorting the picture. should I start with a smaller size?
nar321
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Yes, I believe the size needs to be 80 x 80 pixels or something like that. If you can resize your image first, then upload to Photobucket and then use the direct URL that would probably work best. The image resizer with the forum isn't the best.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Return to Feedback & Suggestions