[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hello • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hello

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Hello

Postby Outre » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:29 am

Hello, I just found this site while digging around in the Web for a Blogger blog hack.

Not that I'm so good at blogging, that's why I was looking for a hack. :lol:

It's interesting because after a very long haitus necessity brings me back to the Web as a portable and doable form of business.

Hubby and I have been self-employed technical construction workers in the cable television field since 1987. Me not so much since I broke my back and he is lately having some difficulty since he's got cataracts and some other situations that crop up from getting "long in the tooth".

This recent economic idiocy has only pointed up to me how critical it is for us to figure out what we can do that removes us from an industry that has it's downs right along with the economy. Thankfully we have a bit of a savings and some time to work it all out.

I've started looking around to find out the do's and don'ts as well as the where, where, what, and who. Unfortunately a lot of what I've found is extremely high-ticket up-front when I've no idea who the person is. I don't hand over $300 right now to just anyone.

I've good reasons for that.

Back a few years I got a domain, and a web host. The web host promised to install all the latest and greatest and help me set up and configure a web site. I checked them out, there were people whose sites I visited hosting with them, so I bought an account. And had trouble getting in touch with them after.

Dummy that I was I fell hook, line and sinker for the "Oh we've been so busy, overwhelming response and now, we need to upgrade. Tell you what, for another $299 we'll give you a Lifetime Account and Executive Tech Support.' Yeah, they got me. And again, I had trouble reaching them through my site disappearing, my site re-directing to a naughty site, my site re-directing to an MLM, and so on.

While this is going on I and husband had several deaths in the family, 911 happened and friends went missing, work required us to move, and life just seem to overwhelm me a bit.

So here I am behind the eight-ball. I have no idea what to do now, all of what I knew back then is so stale as to be ridiculous. :P I feel like an artifact from another age sometimes. :lol:

So I found this place and took a chance. I'm going to hang out and read some of the stuff and see what's up.

Hope I didn't bore you all, don't worry, I'm not normally that chatty.

Outre
Outre

Postby tknoppe » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:57 am

Welcome to SSWT Outre! If you have specific questions about anything - just ask and we'd be glad to help. Or use the search function here on the forums, and that might turn up answers to your questions too. :)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:49 am

Welcome to SSWT! I'm glad you found our little community here. We take care of each other and look out for each other online, so if you come across something you're just not sure about ask about it here ;) We'll all check it out together and see what's what.

Don't worry, we've all been at the beginning.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:44 am

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby KarenMcG » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:27 am

Hi Outre,

I'll just add an extra "welcome" here to those that have already been posted.

My, but you've had quite an adventure with your Web site, domain, hosting, etc., no matter how old it is.

You're in the right place now, though. No more slapping any money down unless you really want it to be there.

And don't hesitate to ask if you need some help. It's already been said that someone will come running.

Karen
KarenMcG
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 am

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion