[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Self Starters need Fuel to Go • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Self Starters need Fuel to Go

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Which website look and feel is more persuasive?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:27 pm

http://www.MusicCityConference.com/
100%
http://MusicCityMarketingConference.com
No votes

Total votes : 4

Self Starters need Fuel to Go

Postby MarketingHelp » Thu May 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi, I joined the forum today. Just looking around and getting acquainted.

I have been marketing several years now. Before that I was in software development for 39 years.

As a marketer, I am in the business of helping other marketers, small business owners, etc. learn the business. My latest venture, a joint venture with Kristi Sayles, is the 2009 Music City Marketing Conference, where leader marketing experts show how to do marketing right.

Lynn isn't on the agenda--yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and a speaking slot open. Learn all about the conference at

Best Wishes,
Phil Cullum
MarketingHelp

Postby angienewton » Thu May 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Welcome Phil,
Glad to have you here.

I chose the first one but I like the name of the 2nd one. The 2nd one I didn't care for because it went from the left of the screen to the right and was harder to read however I don't usually like those salesy type pages but out of the two, that was my choice.

I'm sure you'll get more feedback!
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:22 am

Welcome to the community Phil :)
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Fri May 29, 2009 11:26 am

Welcome Phil.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby Paul Wilson » Sat May 30, 2009 9:31 am

Phil, the first one is better and more simpler. Sometimes keeping it simple gets the job done.
Paul Wilson

Postby Paul Wilson » Sat May 30, 2009 9:34 am

Welcome to the forum Phil. You have some good folks around here as well.
Paul Wilson

Postby lisamariemary » Sat May 30, 2009 9:53 am

Welcome to the forum, Phil! Sounds like a super groovy conference - too bad I'll be in TX at the time...

I like the first one better, for the most part - I do, however, really like the way Kristi's story stands out on the second one. The second one has some very important scannable qualities.

I never just 'read' sales letters - I scan them first and 'the scans' have to be interesting enough to keep me on the page. Kristi's story is definitely interesting enough to keep me on the page - but, I might have missed it if I had just gone to the first link first. Since the second link was clickable in your post I went there first.

So they both have good elements, for sure.
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Welcome, Phil

Postby createyourdream » Sun May 31, 2009 12:08 am

I like the first one for font and copy and the 2nd for the graphic and Kristi's story.

Thanks for sharing about this.

best,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby Paul Wilson » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:36 pm

Paul Wilson

Postby Paul Wilson » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:17 am

Paul Wilson

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion