[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - 1and 1.com - good or bad? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

1and 1.com - good or bad?

Tell us about the products/services that you have purchased online! Good, Bad? Want to recommend a service professional? -or- (ack!) Run accross a scam? Tell us all about it!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

1and 1.com - good or bad?

Postby artkavanagh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:50 am

Does anyone know about 1and1.com?
they offer a free website when you buy a domain and hosting at so much a month etc. But how many pages can you have on the website?
artkavanagh

Postby karynsolo » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:08 pm

As a webhost and having worked for another popular host I can tell you first hand that 1 and 1 customers go looking shortly after opening an account with them. I am not attempting to trash another company i am simply going on past experience and having spoken to past customers of 1 and 1 the level of service is not very good.

As for the amount of pages you can host on an account it all depends on what you have on the pages and how much space each can take up, generally speaking with a standard hosting package you should be fine hosting as many pages as you need.

A lot of graphics helps to take up space, if you stick to limited graphics and text you will be just fine.
karynsolo

Re: 1and 1.com - good or bad?

Postby Marc Meole » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Marc Meole

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:47 pm

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Deltlake1 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:19 pm

Deltlake1

Postby artkavanagh » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:06 am

Thanks guys - I'll take all that advice on board
artkavanagh

Postby mellymom3 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:36 am

I have used 1 and 1 in the past actually just to buy a domain name. The hosting itself, I was not really interested in. Host Gator is one of the best online.
mellymom3

Postby Mommyland » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:59 am

I have used them and did not care for them even for getting a domain name it was a pain when I tried to sell the domain. I ended up moving them all to go daddy
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:30 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby Deltlake1 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:15 pm

Good point, Nar. I hadn't thought
about that. :oops: Has anyone tried
1HostGuy.com? :?:
Deltlake1

Postby artkavanagh » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:23 am

Thanks for your help guys
I'll look into other options.
artkavanagh

Postby Kansasww » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Another vote for Host
gator,I have used their phone support once and they corrected my problem quickly and it was my stupid mistake then thanked me for calling. Thats service! I do use 1&1 for buying domains, I think just because thats where I bought my first.
Kansasww

Postby artkavanagh » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:59 am

artkavanagh

Postby JonathanB » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:19 am

Hi new here :)

I have both 1and1 and Hostgator hosting. I agree that transferring a domain from 1and1 is a pain in the neck, but their hosting is quite good, I use them for "keeper" sites I don't plan on selling. On the other hand their control panel is not CPanel, which limits you somewhat considering it's popularity for applications and ease of use.

I also use Hostgator. This is where I keep the bulk of my websites. They have cpanel, and their reseller plans are very cheap. I recommend both but would use Hostgator when looking for a more versatile choice.
JonathanB

Postby mellymom3 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:22 pm

I have used 1 and 1 in the past and been ok with it. I have not had to use their customer service so do not know how that fares. I have used tons of free hosting sites. I find with most of them to buy a domain through them is a rip off. they charge like $15-$20 a year or more when you can get a domain name for $6.95 a year. The down time is usually a little more frequent as well with free sites. I still use freewebs.com and weebly.com to build most of my sites that I want to test. When I find that they are liked, I will go paid. Another free hosting company i recently found that I like that is not ad supported and also gives you better control due to the fact they give you your own cpanel so you can ftp and all is . You need to know a little more when it comes to manual installs and such(CHMOD, etc) but it is worth it. unlimited domains, just need to buy them and then can change nameservers if obtaining from a cheaper domain service.

Just my 2 cents.
mellymom3

Next

Return to Testimonials & Product Reviews