[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - ABC's of Social Networking Success • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

ABC's of Social Networking Success

Social Marketing strategies: using Web 2.0 Social Media apps & services to gain traffic and exposure to your websites. Discussions on Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Pownce, StumbleUpon, MySpace & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Alan Petersen

ABC's of Social Networking Success

Postby annalaurabrown » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:57 pm

ABC’s of Social Networking Success
Action- take action daily. In order to be successful with social networking you must take some kind of action every single day. Building relationships with people does not happen if you are sporadic.
B- blogs- it is a given in today’s social networking world that you must have an interesting, updated frequently blog. Take the time to do a good job, allow others to leave comments and read the comments you receive.
C- conversation- This is at the heart of all social networking communities and conversations, the ability to have a conversation with others on the internet. Become a master communicator.
D- dabble- it pays to dabble and experiment with several sites until you find 3-5 sites that you are comfortable with and where you feel like you can make a contribution.
E- effective, social networking is some of the most effective marketing today but you must make the effort necessary to make it so.
F- friends, you must have large numbers of friends in order to be a successful social networker. Make real friends with this people and take the time to get to know them.
G-groups, join some groups, and create a few of your own and contribute real value. Groups are full of spam on many of the social networking sites and if you are the one who really contributes value, you will stand out.
H-Hubpages- this is another great site, where you can develop some great content to share with others.
Ideas- share new ideas you develop with your friends on social networking communities. Seek their feedback and advice and they will happily give it to you. Offer feedback on their ideas as well.
J- Journey- social networking success is a journey. You will not know everything you need to know overnight and it is important to realize that social networking involves a journey down the path of success.
K- KISS- Keep it simple silly- you have probably heard this acronym before but it is crucial to your social networking success. The more complicated you try to make the process the less successful you will be.
L-links- give link love and you will get it in return. When you find a blog post or a useful website by one of your friends or contacts, go ahead and link to it. They will love you for it and will be likely to do you the favor as well.
M- magnetic- strive to make yourself magnetic by offering true value and a piece of yourself to those you come in contact with.
N- Nice- This may seem obvious, but too many people come across with the wrong attitude or as being only someone who wants to sell something when they are using social networking communities.
O- original- The more content and ideas you can come up with which is original and different the more people will be drawn to you and seek to be your friend.
P- Participation- You must take the time to participate in a social network. Leave comments, add content, ask questions of others and more.
R- real- be real and seek to develop true friendships with others. They will flock to you if you are real and not spammy.
S-Squidoo- make sure to create at least two good high quality lenses. This site has a lot of traffic as well as great search engine rankings and you must use this site in order to experience optimum success.
T-tags- make sure to use good proper tags. Use the ones that people will really use to find you and your success will soar.
U- upright-seek to come across as always being in a good position. Never post your status as angry, sleepy, mad or anything else negative.
V- video is the rage right now and you must have at least a few decent videos in order to experience great success.
W-wait- your social networking success will not happen over night. You need to work at it and be willing to do what is necessary and it does take time.
Z- zeal, go after your social networking success with zeal and enthusiasm. Come across as a person that others would love to meet in person.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby JeanM » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Anna, thanks for the really good tips! I listened to a great video today on
this very hot topic.

Jean
JeanM
Elite Member

Postby johndilbeck » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:38 pm

johndilbeck

Postby cherie27 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:21 am

A very informative post.

You must be a expert in social networker.
cherie27

Postby Kurt Henninger » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:11 am

Anna,

Great post on social networking. The key with it all is communicating with others. All too often people get on there and just spam others.

Connect and meet people all over the world.......
Kurt Henninger

social networking

Postby kelvintoo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:46 pm

well anna,

i totally agree with you.

i have created the seo tips and hints blog as well.
i hope to share my knowledge and experience to others.

http://seotipshints.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to drop by and give some comments.
i hope to create a blog on social networking as well once i expertise on it.

haha....
kelvintoo

Postby annalaurabrown » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:20 pm

thanks for all your great comments. I do consider myself a social media expert. I generate nearly all of my business and leads through some kind of social media. I also have high search engine rankings and find many people who find me in the search engines and then develop a relationship with me via social media. It's great.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Re

Postby jamesprx » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:59 am

I like you ABC.
It's very good and very informative,
I must have to say that I had never read such ABC for Social media,and i would like to say that ,one that would follow your ABC,he can become very good in diverting traffic from Social media,to his/her own website.
Thanks for sharing.
jamesprx

Return to SMO: Social Marketing & Social Media