[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Ok I took the Squidoo plunge • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ok I took the Squidoo plunge

Social Marketing strategies: using Web 2.0 Social Media apps & services to gain traffic and exposure to your websites. Discussions on Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Pownce, StumbleUpon, MySpace & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Alan Petersen

Ok I took the Squidoo plunge

Postby karynsolo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:15 am

karynsolo

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:23 pm

Looks like you are off to a great start. I created almost 100 lends on Squidoo so far. I need to update and create more though. My income that I received this month was double from the month prior.

There is money to be made with Squidoo but you gotta crank out those lens!
MommyEnterprises

Postby karynsolo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:57 pm

karynsolo

Postby LisaHartwell » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:43 pm

LisaHartwell

Postby cherie27 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:25 am

I am also curious. Did you make use of the squidoo's own program or your affiliate programs?
cherie27

Squidoo I find fun to do too!

Postby createyourdream » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:15 pm

The lens I did on Squidoo and updated a couple times was very fun to do. I mainly did it for the exposure, for testing out a niche area, and to document what was going on around me at the time. There should be a goal in mind more than I had at that time. This is the link:

http://www.squidoo.com/createyourdreambath

I like your lenses. I find Squidoo to be a little busy to read comfortably. Jumping from area to area is ok, and I have read it is very easy to optimize for specific keywords and spiders love it.

Curious too about monetization. I read somewhere that getting paid for lenses is similar to getting paid for blogging. Is that about right?

I hesitate to invest a lot into this without a clear plan of monetizing my own product or an affiliate product off lens. Reading your post and seeing your lenses did give me a jump into getting back to Squidoo, though.

Going wide is always good, reaching further for fans and directing them back to your main website or blog. That is my plan for using Squidoo, Now that I think about it, I could do a lens right now for the Chimney Business. Good idea.... Gotta love this forum. THANKS!!!

best for now,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:04 pm

One tip I read and really liked, but have yet to implement was the following:

Put a survey on your lens and have each possible choice be a link to an affiliate product.

Now, if you do this and it makes money, remind me, I need a shove to get back to Squidoo.

Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Return to SMO: Social Marketing & Social Media