[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - My Site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My Site

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

My Site

Postby marbles1 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:58 am

http://hcreations.mysite.freeserve.com

Basic site but please could you check it out and make any suggestions.

marbles1

Postby LynnWilson » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:55 am

Well, I'm a "newbie," so I cannot say anything about technical stuff or what is or is not a professional layout, but I love your work! Your glasses and dishes are beautiful. I was able to maneuver and see things quickly.

Lynn :D
LynnWilson

Nice Site!

Postby ImNgraphicDesign » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:35 am

Hi Marbles!!!

I just have a few suggestions. The main one is, if at all possible, buy your own domain and move to a paid hosting company. Just by doing that you will give your site a much more professional feel. Mostly because you won't have the advertising frame at the top of your page.

I like your graphics... nice and clear, and they load pretty quick too.

One other suggestion is to include a contact us form, instead of the link at the bottom of the page. The main reason for this is to help prevent getting a ton of spam e-mails sent to you.

Overall, great job!
ImNgraphicDesign

Postby OpenSouls.com » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:35 pm

Interesting choice of colors, nice fit for your product.

The background seems to change between the main page and the product pages (which I like better), not sure if you noticed. The details page goes from red to blue as well.

I like the footer at the bottom of the main page with Contact me - I'd put something like that on all pages. Its nice to have a consistent footer on all of the pages. Also saves the trouble of having to go back to the home page to figure out how to contact you.

As stated in another post, consider making a contact form instead of just posting an email link. If you need help with that, let me know.

I know you said this is basic, are you planning to put a little more advanced inquiry system up? The way it is now, I'd have to go through multiple pages, write down the title of the glass I like, then go to home and put together an email.

Hope this helps a bit!
OpenSouls.com

thanks

Postby marbles1 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:56 am

marbles1

Re: thanks

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:27 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Hi Marbles

Postby ImNgraphicDesign » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:08 pm

Hey there Marbles!

You can look into http://www.urban-isp.net if you are interested in paid hosting and a domain name. It is the same company I use and I have been very happy with them. The plan I have is only $29.95 per year and it includes a domain name! There are many plans to choose from, but I think the one I have gives me a 100 mb. storage limit and a 1.5 gig. monthly bandwidth limit. You also get many features such as e-mail accounts, MySql, a personal cgi-bin (for your e-mail forms), php, and yes even 2 shopping cart programs! Check it out! Good luck.
ImNgraphicDesign

Postby nsusa » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:56 pm

Get a domain name - move away from free web hosting quick. You want your website to look professional.

Christoph
nsusa

Postby Sandra » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:29 pm

I have doteasy. It is free except for the domain which is $25 per year. There are no banners or popups. The only ad is a line that is appended to every outgoing email. Here's my . I wrote it regarding non-profits but the same applies for businesses.

I would try colors that are less bright. Maybe a darker mulberry and softer yellow like that is on the "vases" product page. Keep the background the same on all the pages. Remove the number of visitors and link.

Sandra
Sandra
Elite Member

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming