[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - ***Site Review Please!!*** • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

***Site Review Please!!***

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

***Site Review Please!!***

Postby navajostar » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:47 pm

Hello!

I was wondering if any of you would again, critique my site. The last time I asked, I received great suggestions and tips! Well now the site is totally redone and I have already received some great suggestions from a few friends, now I'm asking from the professionals!

Thank you in advance and look forward to any replies!

Peace,
Angela

www.canmancreations.com
navajostar

hi

Postby Lexi » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:39 pm

Lexi

Postby alice » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:48 am

I don't know what it looked like before, but it's looking good. :)

Only problem I had worth mentioning is that it is not 800 x 600 friendly. :( I have to scroll back and forth.

I actually like the graphics, but I don't think they are necessary...plus they do slow the loading of your pages, which has been mentioned. You want people to focus on the tattoo art...not other pictures.

I'm not sure who did the photography of the tattoos, but they are fantastic...as are the tattoos.

Alice
alice

Site review

Postby Eileen » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:32 pm

Wow! I love how the personality really shines through on this site. One suggestion to make it easier on the eyes, though: I find the white type on the purple background a little hard on these baby boomer eyes of mine. Maybe dropping the background to a paler shade or purple and making the text black would help. Also, on the bio page, the writing could be a little smoother - but I'm a writer, I pick on those things. :wink: Nonetheless, the personality really shines through there, too, so I wouldn't muck with it too much. Some of the text on that page is showing up on my screen as running into the gold/brown border on the right.

Eileen
Eileen

Postby flensborg » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:04 am

Hi Angela,

I really like the colorscheme now. The previous version was (if I remember correctly) very very dark - and hard to read.

Your home-page auto-resizes to 1024x768 which means that it totally covers my taskbar and the system-tray. The first thing I had to do was resize the window, so I still could reach my other running programs.

The background image "www/backgroundimages/tattoo.jpg" is 37358 bytes which is huge, so people on dial-up connections will have to sit and wait for it to load.

You are also using different backgroundimages for the different pages, so your visitors will have to download several 40K images as they visit the different pages of your site.

If they visit all your pages they will have downloaded somewhere near half a megabyte worth of backgroundimages.

I really like the gallery - especially that each image has the ALT tag set. It's hard to see that [the thumbnail images of] "Flaming Mask" and "Marcs Wolf" are actually a mask and a wolf, so it's excellent that the ALT text is set.
flensborg

Postby navajostar » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:32 am

navajostar

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming