[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Another CSS question • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Another CSS question

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Another CSS question

Postby kathleen » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:19 pm

I am having a problem with my CSS that I'm hoping someone can help me with, when you first bring up the site, it seems to work fine, but when you switch to another page, it seems to be gone- however, when you refresh the page, the styling is there :?: I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I will post links to the two pages I'm working with, and copy the style sheet here and hope someone can yet again help me out.

Here is the link to what will be the main page:

Here is the link to the second page:

and here is what I have in my css file on the server saved as main.css:

/* Body */
body {font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif;
font-size: 11pt;
font-weight: 500;
color: #330066;
background-color: #3333CC;}

/* Links */
a:link, a:visited {color: #D9D9F3;
font-size: 7pt;}
a:hover, a:active {color: #66CCFF;
font-size: 7pt;}
/*Headings */
h1 {font-size: 15pt;}
h2 {font-size: 13pt;}

Can someone help please??

Thanks,
Kathleen
[/url]
kathleen

Postby Tom Fosson » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:50 pm

Tom Fosson

Postby kathleen » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:18 am

kathleen

Postby Tom Fosson » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:12 pm

Yes, you need to be careful in what tags you include in your 'included' pages. The link to your CSS page should be in the head of the calling SSI page and not inside the called (included) page - unless it is intended to override the main CSS file.

Eliminate all tags except those necessary for displaying the information contained within your included files. As an example, I will normally create an entire table to use as my 'top' or 'bottom' navigation, and another for use as my 'side' navigation - if I'm including both. Each will consist of a separate file and include the entire navigation table for its intended location, but no additional tags that would reside 'outside' the table (such as HTML, HEAD, or BODY tags.) That way, I can experiment with the table's placement within the calling SSI page.

You can also 'nest' SSI pages and have a 'called' page call in (include) another 'included' page - you just have to remember to name any and all 'calling' pages (those containing any SSI code) with the proper SSI extension for your hosting situation - usually something like '.shtml'.

Cheers,
Tom
Tom Fosson

Postby kathleen » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:18 am

yep, that did the trick, thanks!!

Kathleen
kathleen

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming