[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Suggestions for layout of site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Suggestions for layout of site

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Suggestions for layout of site

Postby networkmom » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:18 pm

networkmom

Fitness and Kids Web Site

Postby James Mann » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:43 pm

James Mann

Postby networkmom » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:49 pm

Hi James, Thanks for compliment on my site but to me it seems like it needs something. Anyhow this may be a dumb question but are the tags you are referring to the meta name="Description tag? Not sure how to do this. Do I have to many links on the left navigation?

Thanks for your help.

Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:26 pm

Hi Denise,

I've looked at your site several times, as I've been reading your posts with much interest. I really do like the look and feel that you have there - the bold colors, product images, its very nice!

If it were me, I would keep the layout and general look of the site, only updating the code to remove the style sheets (if thats what your intentions are) and to focus on search engine optimization.

BUT If you really want to change the whole design of the site... thats okay too. Have you seen other sites that you particularly like, or what do you have in mind?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Ryan Grandmaison » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:54 pm

Hello,

I looked over your site. It does look good. The layout works nicely. I think I know a very simple way to spruce it up without changing the whole layout of the site. Just put your information in tables with a different colored background than white, with a black border around it. It will break up the site a little, distictly seperating the different parts of it. It gives the site a little more visual interest, without having to change the layout!

Ryan Grandmaison
Big House Web Design
Ryan Grandmaison

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:58 pm

That could definitely work :!:

Great recommendation, Ryan ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby James Mann » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:04 pm

Denise, how long have you had your web site the way it is. Perhaps you
have looked at it so long you are getting bored with it.

I think it looks great, and from what I see so do others. :D

How many visitors do you get to your site and if you don't mind me asking
do you make money from your site?

If people are coming to your site and staying why make drastic changes.
James Mann

Postby networkmom » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:14 am

networkmom

Postby networkmom » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:23 am

networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:48 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:46 am

networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:47 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:44 am

networkmom

Great site, Denise

Postby Michael » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:37 pm

Hi Denise,

Better late than never. Actually I just joined the forum today and noticed your post. You have a great looking site there.

Don't worry too much about the css. Your style sheet is very short and simple. You will have much more difficulty updating your site without it than with it.

CSS is not all that hard to learn. You can find a very good tutorial at
. I strongly suggest you keep the external style sheet. Should you ever have a problem you need help with, contact me at editorATmoneyferretDOTorg (use symblols in place of AT and DOT). I would be happy to help you out.

HTH,
Mike
Michael

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:57 pm

Hello Michael :D & Welcome to the SSWT Forum!

If you have any questions... just ask. Otherwise feel free to jump in and join us anywhere you like! Glad to have you here ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming