[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How do I Access one computer from remote locations? Help • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How do I Access one computer from remote locations? Help

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How do I Access one computer from remote locations? Help

Postby fast-pack.com » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:12 pm

Hello All!,

I was wondering what solutions are available for my current problem. Looking for lowest cost, yet reliable solution available and am open to your ideas.

In April, our book keeper will leaving the office, and start working from home. The problem is ........ She will need to access the computer at the office, as both of us will need to access the book keeping program daily for our operations. The book keeper to enter invoices, pay bills etc, and us still at the office to reference customer accounts, take phone orders, process credit cards, etc.

It is my understanding that it is pretty much impossible for both computers in seperate locations to access the same program at the same time, we can work around that if need be.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!
fast-pack.com

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:27 pm

Hi Jason,

When I was considering this, I checked out GoToMyPC - you can get a free trial at this link to see if it will work for you: http://www.qksrv.net/click-1209234-10289949 . From what I understand, its similar to PC Anywhere, which I used years ago to access files from a client that needed updating daily.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby rmjvol » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:55 pm

Free

I've been using it for about 2 years all-the-time. My brother is a network admin for a nonprofit organization. He admins about 200 pc's by tridia. The only thing it's missing compared to PCAny is the integrated file transfer.

Good luck,
Ross
rmjvol

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming