[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Desperate for help fast • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Desperate for help fast

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Desperate for help fast

Postby kathleen » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:10 pm

I foolishly agree to update a site for a friend with not nearly enough experience :oops: , so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm tring to build a page with two frames, one on the top and one on the bottom. The problem I'm having is that the frames don't flow together smoothly, there's a big gap between the two. What am I doing wrong :?:

Please help with any ideas you might have. I'm getting too frustrated to think straight. :(

Kathleen
kathleen

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:18 pm

Hi Kathleen :D

I am not very familiar with frames - but does this help at all:
http://www.htmlhelp.com/design/frames/usage/ ?

Keep us posted! Feel free to post your code here if you'd like help with troubleshooting ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby kathleen » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:32 pm

Lynn,
Thanks for the help. Still working on it. Hopefully I won't pull all my hair out in the meantime!! :shock:

Kathleen
kathleen

Postby kathleen » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:47 pm

I got it!!! :P :D Thanks. Just getting away long enough to post the note really helped me regroup and come up with the answer. Apparently I needed to set the margins to zero (topmargin to be specific)!

Thanks again Lynn, as usual you and this site came to the rescue, to reduce the stress and make me feel better!!

Kathleen
kathleen

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:57 pm

Very cool ~ Way to go! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby flensborg » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:35 am

flensborg

Postby kathleen » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:17 am

Actually I would have preferred not to use frames, but that's what the friend of mine wanted.
The original site that was built for her (not by me) was built with 5 frames, you can see it at www.aabaskets.com. I told her that frames was not the best way to go, and that they aren't great as far as SEO goes, but she was insistant that her company logo and stuff (the stuff that's currently at the top of the pages) be at the top of every page and not move no matter where you are on the page, and frames is the only way I know of to do that. I did convince her that she only needed 2 frames instead of 5, but that was the best I could do.
I felt like I told her of my opinions, but in the long run it's her site and I needed to do it the way she wants.

Kathleen
kathleen

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:20 am

That's understandable, Kathleen - going with what she insists on having... however - you can achieve the same results using tables ;)

Good luck on this project - keep us posted!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby kathleen » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:23 am

kathleen

Postby robert adams » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:17 am

I don't think it can be done with tables per se, but it can be done with dhtml,javascript, etc.
I don't really know how to do it but I have seen it done. I think you can find dhtml scripts to do it at places like

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby altyfc » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:55 pm

altyfc

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming