[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Site critique please • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Site critique please

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Site critique please

Postby Lexi » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:10 pm

Ok I *think* i'm ready for some constructive criticism on my website....re layout, color combo, navigation.
I know some of the links aren't working how I want them yet and the images on the graphics page ...the thumbs aren't working nor is the javascript so i'mworking on those but overall what do you think?

http://www.armchaireditor.com

Also how does it look in 800x600 screen res is there any side to side scrolling? If so thats something I will fix...i'm using 1280x1024 screen res.
Lexi

Postby alice » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:08 am

There's only a tiny, tiny bit of left and right scrolling that wouldn't bother anyone.

There's not too much to see yet (gotta get those links, thumbnails and javascript working! :)), but it's looking good. I have an old monitor (really old!) and the orange background is a bit too much and hard on the eyes..but when I look on my laptop, it looks just fine.

Alice
alice

thanks

Postby Lexi » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:11 am

Hi I just uploaded the page again ...removed that extra space to the right inside the border....does it scroll now?

Thank you for your comments!
Lexi

Hi

Postby ImNgraphicDesign » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:32 am

Lexi,

On my screen, I am still getting a left to right scroll bar. It's not that big of deal, but if you don't want it, then you'll need to do some resizing. You could also set your margins to 0, that may help.
ImNgraphicDesign

Site review

Postby Eileen » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:46 pm

I don't have to scroll at all. So maybe it differs from browser to browser. I like the color scheme, too. But a couple of copy points - "armchair" is one word, as is "proofread" - you've got them as two. Navigation was smooth, and you've got a good start to your portfolio. If you could add more to it, that would be great. If not, just add 'em as you get 'em.

Eileen :)
Eileen

Postby OpenSouls.com » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:05 pm

OpenSouls.com

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming