[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Background image question, if I may ... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Background image question, if I may ...

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Background image question, if I may ...

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:49 am

CorpRebel

Postby sugarrae » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:59 am

You would make a tile the size you desire (a color, etc with your logo in the center) and then when you do the body tag attributes for the page, it would look something like this:

<body background="/yourtilesname.gif">

Whatever image you put into the background field will "rerun" so to speak to cover the entire background area of the site. You can do this with any image, even a photograph if you want to test it out before making a tile.

You can make the background tile any size you want depending on how much space you want between logos. On your example page you listed, their background tile is 96x96.

One word of caution... make sure this image isn't large or heavy in KB or it could slow down the loading of your page. I would suggest making the tile and then crushing the image so that it is as low in KB as possible to prevent this.

Hope this made sense. I explained it as best I could, but I am not a web designer, so hopefully the terms I used make sense. ;)
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:00 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:01 am

Ahhh - Rae beat me to it ;)

Great explanation, Rae, for a "non web designer"!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sugarrae » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:07 am

LOL, well, as you know, I design my own sites and logos and hand code all my own sites, but they are pretty basic and I keep them mainly in HTML for faster loading. I certainly by no means am capable of some of the stuff I see other web designers making LOL.

As I like to say, I am artistically impaired ;).
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:36 am

THANKS Lynn & Rae!

KEWL! Me thinks I get the idea now. Didn't realize how the "background" function worked. I'm definitely web design challenged! :lol:

Off to play around with this new found info ...

Thanks AGAIN! :mrgreen:

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby Tom Fosson » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:15 pm

Tom Fosson

Postby OpenSouls.com » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:26 pm

Here is a nice site explaining some of the CSS/Style options for backgrounds:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

Good luck!
OpenSouls.com

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:22 pm

CorpRebel