[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Request for review and suggestions • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Request for review and suggestions

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Request for review and suggestions

Postby Chris Bailey » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:57 pm

Chris Bailey

Postby sugarrae » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:30 pm

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Chris Bailey » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:55 pm

Thanks Rae,

Well, for those using the free 1and1 site, font is one drawback. The only way I could make it darker was to make everything bold. :roll: If anyone else knows of another way, let me know.

I'll try to perk it up a bit. I've become so "hyped" out that I probably go too far in the other direction at times.

I think my writing skills are probably more suited for documentaries than sales. :lol:

Chris B.
Chris Bailey

Postby sugarrae » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:15 pm

LOL, I agree Chris - hype isn't good - but they are easy, and can make money and will earn them money month after month - so, it is factual information. ;) It doesn't need to be flashing or animated - just maybe bulleted or somehow draw attention to the benefits they will receive that can be easily seen when skimming. Something that grabs them so that they want to read more.

As for your comment on not being good with Ad Copy... I have two book reccomendations for you:

Tested Advertising Methods by John Caples (legendary book and really is the end all on learning how to write effective ad copy that will work in pretty much any medium)

and

Net Words by Nick Usborne (which goes into more of writing for the net specifically)

Those two together should be able to give you some kick butt ad copy skills :). Hope this helps.
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Chris Bailey » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:51 pm

Thanks for the book recommendations. Lord knows I need the help. :D

My main objective is to entice folks to at least get in touch with me, if they don't register immediately.

Well, I did my best to be more enticing, LOL. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks again,

Chris B.
Chris Bailey

Postby robert adams » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:31 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Chris Bailey » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:45 am

Chris Bailey

Postby altyfc » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:47 pm

altyfc

Postby OpenSouls.com » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:33 pm

Just a thought - you might want to add some more colors or highlights to your Contact page, rather than just an HTML form. Also, I think you should try to add a focus point or two on the first page. Make a box, different text sizes or color, something to draw your attention.

Good luck!
OpenSouls.com

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming