[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I help a guy out and this is the thanks I get • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I help a guy out and this is the thanks I get

Show Off Your Success! Post your Work-at-Home or Online Business Success Story. From small achievements to life-changing success, we'd love to hear your story...

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I help a guy out and this is the thanks I get

Postby bopub » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Roughly four months ago, I had a few errands to run. So, with arms full of mail and packages I managed to open the door of my truck so I could hurry and beat the traffic. Out of nowhere this guy steps up and asked if I needed my truck washed, or possibly waxed.

The guy had a clean cut look and was well spoken. I told him that I was leaving, but when I returned - sure thing. I asked how much and he replied, "Oh for a wash and a wax, for you let’s say $50.00"

I thought long and hard about this strange fellow while I was making my rounds and figured that he needed the money pretty bad to do this amount of work for that price, considering what a regular car detailing service cost these days!

When I returned to the office I agreed to let him wash and wax my truck for $50.00. He asked me if I had a water hose, and I gladly pointed towards the side of the building. I noticed he had bucket handy with all the cleaning stuff inside.

While he washed and waxed my truck, I asked him if he does this all the time or just part time. He told me that he does this all the time, because he lost his job at our local textile mill, which closed its doors last year. And
that he was searching for a way to obtain the correct setup.

I immediately excused myself and went inside and called my banker to see how much interest it would be on a short term loan, and to see if there was any vans that were repossessed. My banker told me that he did have two that were on a lot across town, but I had to give 5% down in order to finance.

I then went back outside to check on his progress and to ask him if he'd be interested in doing this full time, only if could get all the things to do it with. He replied "sure but how?" "I don't have any money."

I explained to him how he could get a low interest loan with 5% down, that I called and found a repossessed van. I expressed further that all he would need to get this going is a van, pressure washer, a water holding tank, cleaning supplies and drive around to businesses around the area. He could wash and wax vehicles while people worked and they never had to come to him. He would go the their place of business and do this.

This guy was so excited to say the least when I explained this in detail. So, I told him what he had to do, who to talk to at my bank, I paid him for his work, then he left.

Four months later, almost to the day that he washed and waxed my truck, here he comes pulling up to the front of our office driving a white van with a logo...

"Stan's Mobile Cleaning Service"

I was shocked. He stopped by and said that, not only was his business doing great, but he had bought another van, hired a two man crew, and was staying very busy.

I was extremely impressed. The reason he stopped by was to thank me for giving him such encouragement and helping out the way I did. He took me out to lunch, and gave my truck another wash and wax - for free!

He couldn't stop thanking me for what I did for him. I said that business opportunities are there, all you have to do is learn how to "Grab what's Yours."
bopub

Postby emarketer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:58 am

emarketer
Elite Member

Postby pflsara » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:04 am

pflsara

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:31 am

Kathleen Roberts

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:06 pm

That is so cool!

On your part for helping the guy out and on his, for knowing an opportunity when he saw it and going after it with guns blazing.

There is nothing more exciting than a success story where someone made something out of nothing and was not going to take "no" as an answer.

Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby kev » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:35 pm

That is a great story. Amazing. But were you joking about the $50 cost?
Where we live, you can wash and wax your own car for $5 at a
carwash. But still that a real great story to read.
kev
Elite Member

Postby onlineleben » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:39 am

Good story and a good headline for it.
The way the headline is written it implies negativity and that most often makes people curious.
Anyway, good to see that some people go and grab a chance when they see it.
onlineleben

Postby dbh » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:04 am

What a nice story, and with a happy ending too :D
dbh

Postby westfloridacomponents » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:58 pm

westfloridacomponents

Postby mellymom3 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:30 pm

mellymom3

RE:I help a guy out and this is the thanks I

Postby bopub » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:59 pm

Thanks for all your great comments. I was double surprised to see ol' Stan busy as ever recently. With gas prices going down a bit, and people not spending as much didn't slow him down at all.

In fact, he regularly makes his rounds in our neck of the woods - washing and waxing away.

Again, thanks to you all.
bopub

Postby karynsolo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:01 pm

When I worked in an office park a few years ago a guy used to come around with a truck and fully detail cars for 65-70 a pop, he never had less than 8-10 cars to do in a full day at the park. That was just from our office alone. Heck he even ran deals like refer a friend get 50% off next detail job or every 10th job is free. They guy was a hussler and he really did nice work, he did not stop for a minute.
karynsolo

Postby Ron Killian » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Ron Killian

Postby Juliawilliams » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:17 am

Good story and i think it will motivate others also and you are right that there are endless oppurtunities for those really wish to achieve something in life
Juliawilliams

Postby Publisher-For-You » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:44 am

Great story, thanks much for sharing it. It made the story even better that it wasn't a net success story, and we got to see someone who was grateful and motivated to make a living using modest skills.

Freedom is glorious, isn't it?
Publisher-For-You

Next

Return to Success Stories