[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Content Manager / Writing Job • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Content Manager / Writing Job

Need to outsource tasks, or hire a service professional? Post your project here and let fellow members give you quotes! Examples include: Content development, article submissions, SEO, web design, programming, copywriting, etc. **Please read Guidelines post before posting

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Content Manager / Writing Job

Postby sugarrae » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:49 pm

Posting this here because Lynn usually attracts good people. ;-)

Please see below on how to submit your resume. If you can’t follow instructions, you will automatically be disqualified from consideration. Attention to detail for this position is a must.

Required skills:

* Basic HTML skills
* Top notch writing skills
* A sense of humor and the ability to think outside the box

Responsibilities:

* Creation of top grade content on research topics for a variety of website and topics (details upon qualification
* Posting of written articles via our custom CMS system
* Other duties as assigned

Required education:

There are no formal education requirements. If you fit all of the above requirements, you can be considered for the position, but when you submit your resume, please submit three examples of your best work. Not ten and not one. THREE EXAMPLES OF YOUR BEST WRITING WORK.

We need someone who can do great research and can write on a variety of topics, so keep that in mind when you send in your resume.

There are two priorities we need for this position… the first is top notch writing skills first and foremost. The second is a great sense of humor – don’t be afraid to show us yours.

Pay:

$25,000-$30,000 per year

What to know:

This is a full time position. This is NOT a part time position. 40 hours per week. However, this is a REMOTE position and you will be working REMOTELY.

You will be working directly under me.

You can expect to learn a lot about search engine marketing and social marketing while you’re working in this position.

We don’t want to train people looking for temporary work. If you can’t commit to the position for at least 6-12 months, please do not apply.

How to apply:

Submit ONLY TO jobs AT sugarrae.com – if you submit to any other email address, you are automatically disqualified.

Include:

Your resume
Three examples of your top writing
Why you think you would do well at this job

DO NOT APPLY IF:

You cannot write well
You cannot self-motivate
You do not fulfill ALL THREE required skills
sugarrae
Elite Member

Looks ok, but...

Postby Russell » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:51 pm

Russell

Postby sugarrae » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:28 pm

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Russell » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Russell

Postby sugarrae » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:42 pm

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Russell » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:06 pm

Russell

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:29 pm

Hi Rae,

Do you have a specific deadline for folks to apply? Or will it be "open until filled?"

(I'm thinking of mentioning your opportunity in my newsletter, if that's OK with you.)

Thanks!
Bonnie Lowe

Postby sugarrae » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:12 pm

I'll prob send out a notice to all applicants who've earned an interview tomorrow night... don't know when your newsletter goes out though. One will then be chosen and hired immediately, the next best 3 will be kept on file to see if they're still interested when I hire the next one - likely in 2-3 months. Hope this helps.
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby tot » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:48 pm

I think it sounds like a fine opportunity, especially for someone who wants to stay home with her children and get the time in during the night. It IS hard to find decent and interesting (and legit) at-home work.
tot
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:28 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mila Sidman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:30 pm

Mila Sidman
Elite Member

Postby alice » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:50 pm

Interestingly enough, Mila and I are taking in applications for writing / proofreading / research positions (not a full-time job, just possible freelance work) and we asked them about their expected pay rates.

A quick glance tells me a lot expect to be paid around the $10/hour per mark. Certainly, cost of living varies around the world and even within the United States itself, but to think a job posted for the rate Rae has mentioned isn't worthwhile, isn't quite taking things into perspective.

I'm not picking on Russell (how are you, by the way?) because you guys have worked it all out, but just wanted to perhaps add a little more information from what I'm seeing on this end.

And let's be serious....so many people with their "own business" are slaving away at their own thing, making pennies per hour. Rae is offering a sure thing.

Alice
alice

Postby Russell » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:03 am

I got big shoulders, you can pick on me all you want Alice.

I have no interest in working as a writer (I write enough in the forums I visit and in my blogs) I employed Elance writers 2½ years ago, and used them to write articles for a lot of my websites. I paid them $4.50 to $5.50 per article. The articles were 350 to 450 words, and had to have my keywords in them.

I supplied a main keyword phrase and 5 to 7 other words. The main keyword had to be in the top ¼ of the article and others in there at least once. I think I was theme-ing groups of articles (or silo's) before it became "popular".

I selected my writers by letting contracts of 25 articles to ½ a dozen Elancers and from them I kept 2 full-time writers. Interestingly the original 6 were from America, UK, India Thailand and Philipines, but the two I kept were from the US and UK.

They continued on long term contracts at $5.50 and $6 an article and were excellent.

It's important that you have a means of checking that the content they supply is original, as it's very common for writers to just copy articles from other websites or article directories.

A good writer can research and write 25 good quality original articles in about 2 days if they have some background on the subject. This works out to about $65 a day... and being paid by PayPal, I'm sure none of them pay tax, so it's a good income even in America if they don't have the brains to be building you own websites instead.

I have taken a 19 year old kid from country USA and taught him how to write. That got him out of the HYIP arena, and earning good money. I paid him $2 an article while he was learning (about 50 articles probably).

As he got better I found him more work, and in the end I handed him on to Tim Gorman who he may still be writing for (not for $2 an article any more though).

I no longer build Adsense sites as there's more money elsewhere... much more. I started to learn to trade Forex 2 years ago and never built another website since. I'm now earning very close to 6 figures a month with my referral business (I refer clients to several professional Forex Traders).
Russell

Postby Mila Sidman » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:55 am

Mila Sidman
Elite Member

Postby sugarrae » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:15 pm

I'm in the interview process at the moment, so assuming I find someone in this batch, I should be good. But I'll have more positions coming up in the next 3-12 months and am keeping all applications in case they're interested on the next round (but I'll also post that here). ;-)
sugarrae
Elite Member

Return to Job Board