[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - colors for website • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

colors for website

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

colors for website

Postby Brismom » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 pm

I am undecided on putting a background color on my webpage to go around the template to seperate it . Also the red in the template. I am in a debate with myself on if I should pay to have it changed right now to match my logo better. I just launched this site about 1 month ago so I have yet to have sales as I am marketing the site right now. Any suggestions about what you think about the overall look and maybe what I could add or change?

Thanks.
Brismom

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 pm

I think you're on the right track on both counts. The red in the template makes the logo look out of place, like it doesn't belong - and the logo is a very important aspect of your branding, so playing it up would be a good thing.

And I think a background color around the template would make your content pop more. And would train the visitor's eye into the middle where you want it.

I really like the site, though - I just love little kids' furniture! I hope you do well with it!

Have you been to one of Lynn's free webinars on Tuesdays? http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/webinars.htm

We all learn so much from her there, because, even if she's not talking about your site - you might get tips from the critiques she might give of 'my' site.

And the camaraderie is great, too! :)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:15 pm

I personally like it as is but I do agree about having the part in red match the logo better that would look really good.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Brismom » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Brismom

Postby lisamariemary » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:42 pm

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:39 pm

My pleasure!
angienewton
Elite Member

very clean and clear site