[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Please tell me what you think? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Please tell me what you think?

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Please tell me what you think?

Postby southernbg » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to website building. I have been using Xsitepro to create my sites. This site is currently my pride and joy and I would love to hear what you ladies and gentlemen think.

My site can be found at I will appreciate any input you can give me to enhance its presence on the web.

In gratitude,

Natalie
southernbg
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:11 pm

Hi Natalie,

Your site is very attractive. I love the pics of the babies.

A couple of small suggestions:
on your About Us page, the section
" That's when I decided to expand my one woman business and enter the into nanny and baby nurse placement." you've got an extra word there in the last part of your sentence (the into).

" I provide families with quality care even when I can't be there. " - How can you provide quality care when you can't be there? I think you need to make that sentence more clear. For instance: even when I can't be there, one of my staff will provide quality care.

Also, the word Testimonials on your menu bar is missing the i.

You should be very proud of your website and of the service you provide :)
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby southernbg » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi Carol,

Thank you so very much for your input. I very much appreciate it. I will get those things corrected this weekend.

In gratitude,

Natalie
southernbg
Elite Member

Postby Adulu » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:57 am

header logo too bright too white.
Adulu

Postby mellymom3 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:48 pm

Yes I agree, the header kind of hurts the eyes. Too white and bright. Can you add a little color?
mellymom3

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Natalie,

I love the name of your company and web site: Cuddlebuggs. :D

But it sounds like the name of a stuffed toy or kid's pillow or something, not a nanny/babysitting service.

Your first sentence makes me think your site is about sleep aids. The second sentence could mean you're about to recommend a child healthcare clinic. (I'm exaggerating, but hopefully you see my point.)

When people hit your site, they need to know immediately what it is about.

I suggest you replace "Welcome to Cuddlebuggs.com" with an attention-grabbing headline that tells the reader what your site/service is about. Perhaps something like:

"How to Find an Atlanta-Area Nanny, Baby Nurse or Babysitter Who Will Provide the Best Possible Care for your Child"

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure with a little thought, you can come up with something more compelling.

Then you might want to provide some info that parents will find valuable.... "The top five things you need to know when hiring a personal child care provider..." or something like that... then transition into how your service fulfills or surpasses all those things. You might even want to offer a free e-newsletter that provides all kinds of baby care tips. Send it out maybe twice a month. This way, your service will always be "top of mind" when readers need a babysitter or make the decision to hire a full-time nanny.

And as has already been mentioned, your copy on your site needs careful proofing... there are several mistakes -- missing/wrong words; the spacing is off on the headline of the Baby Nurse page, that sort of thing. Little mistakes like that matter a lot when you're trying to present a professional image to potential clients.

In general, you might want to do a search for "Nanny Services" (or a similar term) and see how the top-ranked sites promote their services... you'll probably find a lot of good ideas.
Bonnie Lowe

Postby jono08 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:09 am

jono08

Cuddlebuggs

Postby painternc » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi, I agree with Bonnie's review - I think she made some good suggestions. Immediately I saw the sleeping baby and I was thinking baby sleepwear, or baby blankets, etc - I was not thinking nannies - how about a photo of a smiling, healthy young woman holding a child, or playing with a child - I think it needs the adult in the photo - because it seems the focus is on the adult - the potential nanny.
I think it is important to immediately tell what the criteria is that makes you or your service stand out - why would a parent use your service
painternc
Elite Member

Return to Website Reviews