[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Are you afraid of swing flu? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Are you afraid of swing flu?

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Are you afraid of swing flu?

Postby charles2 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:29 am

Are you afraid of swing flu? Do you dare to eat pork now?
charles2

Postby terrapin719 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:02 am

Eating pork has nothing to do with how this flu was transferred.

Swine flu is simply a mutated strain of the regular seasonal flu. I'm no more scared of it than I am the regular seasonal flu that we deal with every year. Approximately 35,000 people die every year from the plain old flu. Thousands more are hospitalized etc...

The media overplayed the whole scenario and caused undue panic in many people.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Wed May 06, 2009 8:08 am

I agree with Loretta.

Furthermore, thousands each year die of tuberculosis - which is highly contagious, yet no one is in a panic about that.

Nope - I'm not worried about swine flu.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 am

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Another No vote for the reasons posted above. once again "The Media" has not served us well.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:14 pm

If anything I'm more afraid of the media than the flu -lol- It seems lately media and news journalism has gone down a slippery path to nowhere.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby ChristineG » Tue May 12, 2009 12:29 am

ChristineG

Postby CorpRebel » Mon May 18, 2009 10:05 pm

CorpRebel

Postby lisamariemary » Tue May 19, 2009 7:18 am

Well, I think the CDC could have definitely contributed to that. And coming from them - that's what got me nervous. I did come to my senses about it, though. But I think it was a "Tag Team Event" for sure! :P
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Re: Are you afraid of swing flu?

Postby sanilbd » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:35 am

No i am not at all afraid or worried of swing flu.
sanilbd

Return to Coffee Break!