[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - MAG 32" LCD HDTV - Is This A Good Deal? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

MAG 32" LCD HDTV - Is This A Good Deal?

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

MAG 32" LCD HDTV - Is This A Good Deal?

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:18 am

This doesnt appear to be a special offer or a sale, but a regular price on this particular TV. The only difference I can see in this and the higher priced models in the same size is the "Contrast ratio 800:1".

Price: $449.98 (free shipping)

This would be my first High Definition television, so I dont have anything to compare it to. I dont watch very much television, but want to put a TV in my office to play my digital music channels, ocassionally put on the news (very ocassionally lol), and also to hook up as a 2nd monitor for my Dell laptop.

Is this a good pick for the price?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ace5548 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:38 am

Hi Lynn,

We just bought a Sony Bravia. Out of all the LCD flat screen televisions we looked at, the one's with the greater contrast gave the better picture. And, of course, they are more expensive.

Look at it like a computer monitor. The better resolution = the better picture = more cost.

Ours has a 15,000:1 ratio. It produces a great picture although it does not have the best out there.
ace5548
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:48 am

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on the fire sales for Black Friday, and most of the LCD TV's they are offering (around the same price even, on sale) are the same quality or not much better - in regards to contrast.

The one thing I just noticed is this one (MAG) only has DVI and Analog inputs. No S-Video. Will that be a big deal for me?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mommyland » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:29 pm

This i on sale Friday for 399 at Circut City (1200:1 contrast ratio)
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productD ... 34025&mid=

Not sure if its something your wanting but I wanted to share.

As far if the one you suggested is a good deal or not I dont know. DH does all out TV research Ill see what he thinks and if he knows of other sales.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:35 pm

Thank you so much Tamara! I'm checking that link out now ;)

By the way, I looked this up on the official site and it DOES have S-Video, so that's a plus. I am not against a traditional tube tv (CRT) - particularly a nice 32" flat screen - so I'm still looking.

By the way, do you know if that's in-store only or online as well? I will pay more to have it shipped free LOL
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mommyland » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:22 pm

I dont know if its online or not. On BFads.net it dont have any circut city online ads listed. Ill check the other sites
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:03 pm

I wasnt aware of that site - thanks for the link!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mommyland » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:16 pm

Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:25 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Coffee Break!