[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How Do Online Payment Processors Work? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How Do Online Payment Processors Work?

Merchant Accounts, payment processors, integrating shopping carts, secure servers and anything related to taking payments and processing online orders

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How Do Online Payment Processors Work?

Postby bsymons » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:27 pm

Hi
I am fed up with all the processors like INTgold, Egold,
PayPal and others stealing my funds. I have a few processor scripts but would like info on how to set up Do i need a special bank account or what I just need to know how they work
Can anybody help?
Bruce :?:
bsymons

Postby Jim Guinn » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:12 am

You will need to apply for a merchant account. This can usally run from being free to a $139 application fee. Shop around. You will pay a monthly statement charge....usually anywhere from $17.95 to $29.95. Then, once all is in place, you are charged a discount fee...about .239% to .259% (that's $2.39-$2.59 per $100 transaction) plus $0.30 per transaction. The better your credit, usually the more you can save....so shop around. If your credit is poor, don't bother to look for a merchant account. They won't accept you. When you make a sale, the money is usually deposited in your account (checking) within 24-48 hours by the merchant account.

Before you shop for a merchant account make sure you know what "gateway" your script can work with. Think of a gateway as the "mechanism" that allows the merchant bank to "talk" with your business. If your script does not support the same gateway(s) as your merchant bank, you will need to find a suitable script.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Re: How Do Online Payment Processors Work?

Postby bookscanning.com » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:24 am

bookscanning.com

Postby bookscanning.com » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:26 am

bookscanning.com

Re: How Do Online Payment Processors Work?

Postby robert adams » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:35 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:12 pm

I'd be curious to know the same...

What kind of problems have you had with these payment processors, specifically?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jim Guinn » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:33 am

Not sure about Bruce and what he means when he says "stealing" his funds, I can share the following with you though.

If you sell digital download products, or sell non-tangible services (like traffic) think twice before using PayPal. A few months ago I had a rash of people buy digital products and services. I delivered and then they began charging back saying they never received the goods or services. With PayPal, you as a merchant are guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. Even though I could supply customer orders and my own vendor orders that corresponded with my customer orders, PayPal refused these as proof. They only accept a shipping bill as proof that the customer received the "goods". Since you don't "ship" digital products and services, they said I had no proof that I "delivered" the products and services. They allowed all the chargebacks, plus assessed me fees for the chargebacks. I had NO recourse. They just took back the money and chargeback fees. All the time it took to resolve this, my account was frozen.

I know a lot of people have never had a problem with PayPal and they are very popular with over 86 million accounts. I once too thought they were great until I experienced my own horror story with them. They are most happy to take your money.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby robert adams » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:51 pm

sorry to hear about your troubles with paypal, that really sux.

chances are , that the same thing would have happened regardless of who your payment processor is. regular merchant accounts do this all the time.

luck,
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Return to Online Payment Processing