[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - shopping cart software....cubecart any good or suggestions • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

shopping cart software....cubecart any good or suggestions

Merchant Accounts, payment processors, integrating shopping carts, secure servers and anything related to taking payments and processing online orders

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

shopping cart software....cubecart any good or suggestions

Postby edwinnyc » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:29 am

I have a customer that asked me to make recommendations on setting up a site to list her line of facial and hair products, she has a mulititude of products that have to be listed on her future site any feedback what programs to stay from and which are ok.

What programs or web store product programs known for ease of use are available to set up a store with product images, currently host with hostgator know anything about their ecommerce programs

Hostgator offers cubecart any bad or good feedback on this.....shopping cart software
edwinnyc

Postby karynsolo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:18 pm

karynsolo

Postby Michelle Waters » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:00 pm

I'd be careful about using any of the oscommerce-based shopping carts. While they are powerful and usually free, they can have a steep learning curve if you're not familiar with them already.

If that is not an issue, then I would recommend going with that cart. Otherwise, there are other carts around that are more user friendly, including Cubecart. One of my design partners works with it and likes it very much.
Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Just to be sure cubecart is simple or complicated

Postby edwinnyc » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:12 pm

Just to be sure cubecart is simple or complicated, do not want to assume anything ...thanks
edwinnyc

Postby Michelle Waters » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Cubecart, in my experience, is middle of the road. It's not really suited for the absolute newbie, but it's not terribly complicated either.
Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:44 pm

I love Cube Cart! So much so that I wrote a 45 page ebook on how to set it up and run your store. I have had 3 stores set up with Cube Cart. I have tried numerous other ecommerce software such as Zencart, osCommerce, Magento, and Agora.
I just put up a post in the special offer section of this forum selling the book for only $5 if your client would be interested.
If you would like to see some of the testimonials I have received for the book you can read them here.

Sorry to be self promoting here. Didn't know how else to suggest the help you could recieve within my book. Since we were on the topic, just thought I would add it. Not sure how the rules go in the forum in regards to promoting/advertising on threads other than the sales one.
mellymom3

Postby Jim Guinn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:29 pm

I have used CubeCart for over a year now. Of osCommerce, Zen Cart and Cube Cart, I think Cube Cart has the "friendliest" learning curve and flexibility, but you better know code and some php if you really want to customize it...otherwise it is going to look like all the other cookie cutter sites out there.

I just purchased new shopping cart software and am installing it now. If you have a few bucks, go with SunShop ($249) or Pinnacle Cart ($597). Of all the carts I researched, these had the best backends, almost intuitive. Pinnacle is much more powerful and has more features than SunShop.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Re: shopping cart software....cubecart any good or suggestio

Postby Paul Bergman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Paul Bergman

Postby Michelle Waters » Fri May 16, 2008 12:22 am

Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Postby Regina » Tue May 20, 2008 11:31 pm

One of the great things about adding technology to your website is the fact that the option to "outsource" the more difficult things to someone who has the experience to do it in less time that you ever could :lol:

When choosing a shopping cart system, I inform my customers to write out a list of the functions they're looking for in such a system, next research the various carts that fit the profile and then make an informed decision on which one best suits your needs not only function wise but buget wise as well (including outsourcing the project).

IF you don't have the $$ to make this work, simply choose one that offers a demo and/or tutorial that you believe you could learn without pulling out all your hair in the process 8)
Regina
Elite Member

Return to Online Payment Processing