[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Paypal and Internet Marketing - is this a real risk? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Paypal and Internet Marketing - is this a real risk?

Merchant Accounts, payment processors, integrating shopping carts, secure servers and anything related to taking payments and processing online orders

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Paypal and Internet Marketing - is this a real risk?

Postby Cynthia » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:49 am

This is a post by a successful internet marketer who had his paypal account closed.

http://www.howtocorphelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9845

I'm wondering how often this happens to internet marketers. Is it best to avoid Paypal for this reason and if so is Google Checkout a better payment processor?
Cynthia

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:17 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Cynthia » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:32 am

Cynthia

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:48 am

Although I use PayPal in a very limited way, I'm not fond of them at all and trust them as far as I can throw them. I had to actually get the Nebraska Attorney General after them once to get them to leave me alone. Someone messed me over on eBay and, instead of going after the crook with the stolen credit card, they wanted me to make up the funds. NOT!

They will not protect a customer selling digital goods. If you get someone buying a digital product from you who ends up doing a chargeback, PayPal is going to come after you for the money. Nothing you can do about it.

In this day and age of digital everything, you'd think they'd get with the program and revamp their TOS.

I use Google Checkout when I can.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Cynthia » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:54 pm

Okay then, I'll just ask you what I planned to post to another thread.

I'm looking at Google Checkout and boy are their rates better than what I'm paying through my merchant account for cc charges.

My question: is it possible, using Google Checkout, to process the order for a customer rather than the customer do it? My current setup allows the customer to place their order through my site and provide all the necessary charge info. I'd like to keep that in place, receive the info myself, and then send myself an email invoice from Google Checkout for the order and then go to Google Checkout and process it myself. Is that possible?

The reason I need to do it this way is because our advertisers don't like to have to go through the process of entering in their info with every order. They do it once and I keep it on file and process charges manually as they renew or request new orders. So, can I do this with Google Checkout?

Thanks!
Cynthia

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Give this a look and see if it can answer your question: http://checkout.google.com/sell/
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Cynthia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:02 am

Thanks for your help. Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I don;t seem to have received an email notification of your post. :(

As far as I have been able to determine, you cannot manually process cc orders through Google Checkout. Here's one thread of info at GC (I'm sharing for any interested readers):

and

Google Checkout requires everyone paying through their system to have a Google Checkout account. That would be a turnoff for my clients so it just won't work. :([/url]
Cynthia

Postby Mirit Reif » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:08 am

Mirit Reif

Postby Cynthia » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:21 am

Cynthia

Return to Online Payment Processing