[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - pay pal account question • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

pay pal account question

Merchant Accounts, payment processors, integrating shopping carts, secure servers and anything related to taking payments and processing online orders

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

pay pal account question

Postby edwinnyc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:50 am

If you wish to start making sales online, like selling reports to reach my market as suggested by lynn...... :wink:

How does all of this work, money goes into the account, then how does one get the money, does it do a direct deposit to ones personal account, do you need to have money in a account to conduct business, like a deposit of some sort.... :(

Have heard that pay pal is not to be trusted in getting payed there are some problems associated and some online merchants will absolutely not use it ........is this true and why so!

hummmm hope it is not alot, i need to keep my billions of dollars invested in the pet rock....just kidding........lol
edwinnyc

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:52 am

In order to get the full benefit of online sales using PayPal, you would need a Business or Premium account. They both are free, but take a small percentage of each transaction to cover their expenses.

You input your banking information and then each time a sale is made to you, it goes into your PP account. It will notify you via email and then you go and tell them to transfer the money into your bank account.

Some people have had problems with them and that's why I never leave money sitting in the PayPal account, but immediately transfer it to my bank.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:44 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Yes I have heard

Postby kowhai » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:53 pm

similar reports, I am not a big user of PP but I have never had a problem
kowhai

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:22 pm

I have heard PayPal horror stories, but as far as I can tell, if you have a legitimate product to sell, you should be OK. I think a lot of the problems were with "paid to surf" type programs.

Transferring money from your PayPal account to your bank account is free.

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:50 pm

One problem that I've come across over and over again is the selling of digital items using PayPal for payment. Their terms of service do not protect the seller.

If the buyer happens to do a chargeback for the product, you're responsible for making it good with PayPal and you can't do a darned thing about it.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby robert adams » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:27 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:50 pm

Oregon Coast Guy

hey oregon...

Postby edwinnyc » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:02 am

edwinnyc

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:20 am

Oregon Coast Guy

hey tony just read it ....and

Postby edwinnyc » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:10 pm

What do you now you do not use them at all anymore, so the key is to deposit the money daily among other things you mentioned

So if not pay pal then whom can you use since they seem to be the most widely used....confused
edwinnyc

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:16 pm

I only use PP for small amount transfers. Anything else, I do by mail.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby robert adams » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:13 pm

sounds like you were one of the few unlucky ones.

you have to admit paypay has millions and millions of users with no problems at all.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:46 pm

Hopefully you'll never have to find out how treacherous they can be. It's not fun.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby CorpRebel » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:31 pm

FWIW ...

I usually take those sites, like paypalsucks.com, with a grain of salt. Why? Cuz I'd be willing to bet a chunk of change that 95% of those posters actually did violate something in PayPal's TOS (Terms of Service).

They ALL say they "never" did anything wrong. Most people in prison STILL maintain their innocence! :lol:

But PayPal does have some customer service issues that really need to be addressed. I had issues back when they first started (before eBay bought them out) but things have gotten alot better.

Another thing that many still do not realize is that the credit card people, like Visa & Mastercard, do set rules for minimum fraud standards that ANY payment processor/merchant account HAS to accept and then pass on to their customers. As Robert mentioned, merchant accounts usually side with customer unless the seller can provide solid proof. And that is usually with tangible items NOT digital downloads.

BUT ... now I mainly use PayPal just to receive my affiliate payments for products and services that I promote. But I also do move monies from my PP account almost daily.

They're a BIG pain at times but there is nothing else close to what they can do outside of regular merchant accounts. They're big .... they're popular and millions prefer to pay for stuff online using PayPal.

Just gonna have to grin and bear it till there is some REAL competition for PayPal.

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel Image
CorpRebel

Next

Return to Online Payment Processing