[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone done their own eCovers? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone done their own eCovers?

Have questions about Graphics or Graphics programs? Discuss header graphics, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, hiring graphic designers, editing photos and creating images.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Anyone done their own eCovers?

Postby Cynthia » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Has anyone done their own eCover with professional quality results but no previous experience? I'm debating whether learning how to do it is worth my time (I need to get it done within 3-4 days) or if I'm better off taking the project to someone to do for me.
Cynthia

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:35 am

I've done it both ways... and I'm not really the creative type, so anymore I just outsource it. You can get some pretty good graphics done for very reasonable rates. There is a job board here if you want to post it, and the Warrior Forum is another great place to make the request.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby webturtle » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:35 am

Well, I did do my own rather than hire someone and there was a bit of a learning curve to make them look like "books" but it wasn't too bad since I did have lots of graphic design experience already and have the software. You can see them . I drew mine from scratch in Photoshop and once I had a book "template" it was a matter of changing the colors, adding text and new images, and skewing them to look like the right perspective. I have no idea how other people do it - I was just winging it!
webturtle

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:03 am

I outsource most of my graphic related stuff too! I don't think I am very creative so I would rather pay someone else to do it.
MommyEnterprises

Postby wonderwall » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 am

wonderwall

Postby Michelle Waters » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:56 pm

If you have photoshop, you can buy photoshop actions that will create the ecover for you. You take their template, add your graphics and text and click a few buttons. Presto! There's your cover.

I did the spiral report cover on the site in my sig.
Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Return to Graphic Design