[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Problem With Auction Ads Code • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Problem With Auction Ads Code

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Problem With Auction Ads Code

Postby nar321 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:13 pm

Trying to utilize the Auction Ads code has created a problem

I have been able to "load the Code" on a Blog, but only successfully on a static page. Attempting to place it in a sidebar results in nothing being displayed. In both cases if not isn't clear I'm referring to the Auction ads code. This sort of thing might be better asked about on the WP Forums. if so just let me know.
:)
nar321
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:03 pm

I changed the title of your post and moved it to the public forum so that Michael or someone else could respond & help you out with this ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby nar321 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:35 pm

nar321
Elite Member

AuctionAds not displaying correct items for me...

Postby BizCardGuru » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:25 am

BizCardGuru

Postby Michael b » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:55 pm

nar321,

What type of blog are you using? The AA code should plug in just like you would with adsense code.
Michael b

Postby Michael b » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Diana,

You are right a site visitor won't do that. What you'll want to do is to be as specific as possible when you are putting in your keyword or keywords.

This is what I do...

If I want to be a sure a specific product is going to load i first log on to eBay. Once on eBay i do searches to see what the results pull up when I type in my keyword. I then narrow it down to what the most effective keyword for what i want to display is.

I then go into auction ads make a campaign for the keyword i want to use, then go to the get code screen. Once there I'll plug in my keyword that worked and got me the best results on eBay.

Now the reason I am saying just one keyword for any given ad unit is to keep it narrowed down so I know approx. what will show up in my ad units.

Keep in mind you can put as few as one just one ad block up at a time so this will help you optimize each individual ad unit for a specific product.

The other thing I always do is go to eBay do a search for the product I want to advertise (Usually this is the main thing I want to advertise on any given web page). While I am at the eBay search page I'll simply copy the url, go into my auction ads account and use their url converter to make a custom link. I'll then find a picture either off of eBay or online for my specific product that I am advertising on my site. I'll then place the picture in the position I want it on my website then make it a click able link that takes people to the search results for my product at eBay.

The reason I'll use the search results at eBay is because the content is always changing & anytime someone clicks through your link they'll be able to find something they want to buy or bid on that I want them to.

So the main key is being as specific as possible when you are placing your codes on the side of your screen and use as few keywords as possible- Think, Targeted ads.

& if possible make your own custom link featured on your web page to search results at eBay for any given product.

So your product if its an xbox, go to ebay do a search not for xbox (your results will be to varied) but for a specific product..

try microsoft xbox or microsoft xbox core systmem or if you wanted to do games you'd do microsoft xbox games.

Only use one of those per ad unit and again you can place as few as 1 image ad per ad unit.

Give the code about an hour to be fully functional.

I hope this helps. Don't give up I'll help get you through this. Post again if you have any more trouble.
Michael b

More questions

Postby BizCardGuru » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:28 pm

Thank you, Michael.

All of my keywords are pretty much 3-word sets. For example, "business card holder" is about as few words as I can use to get the results I want.

Can I use quotes in AuctionAds?

When I do in eBay, I get 837 auction results and they seem pretty good - and when I don't use quotes to search, for the same keywords, I get 1926.

Or can I tell AuctionAds to pull just from a particular category - in this case, the Office, Printing and Shipping category? 831 of the results are there, the best, most targeted ones.

Diana
BizCardGuru

Postby Michael b » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:16 pm

Diana,

Try this for a specific category

auctionads_ad_kw = <$MTEntryCategory$>

when you are putting in your keyword.

As far as using quotes I always get a very similar # of results when i put something in or out of quotes... I'll look into that further though :)

Just play around with it a bit and you'll get the exact results you are looking for, testing it is the key and use the examples I listed in the e-report to maximize the profit potential :)

And as always ask as many questions as you need... I want you to get the most out of the report :)
Michael b

AuctionAds code

Postby BizCardGuru » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:22 pm

BizCardGuru

Postby Michael b » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:40 pm

Michael b

Postby Michael b » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:46 pm

Michael b

Better yes

Postby BizCardGuru » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:43 am

BizCardGuru

Postby nar321 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:09 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:13 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby Michael b » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:01 am

nar321,

Hmm, I'm not sure an answer to that.. you may try and contact AA support for that one... I've never had a problem on a blog or reg website

& diana, I have been trying to respond to your post but i keep getting a 404 error when i try and paste it here.... lol

send me your email address in my PM and I'll send it to your email account...
Michael b

Next

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options