[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Have Bonuses Become a Block to Buying? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Have Bonuses Become a Block to Buying?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Have Bonuses Become a Block to Buying?

Postby Lucidboomer » Tue May 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Recently I've been junk mailing most of my email from the traditional gurus. However, today I decided to give Frank Kern a inch of latitude. He is sometimes entertaining and so I thought I'd drop by and see what Frank Kern and John Reese could possbily be doing in the same video frame!

It's kind of like an oxymoron to have those two on the same clip! Frank is a natural "on the fly" type of guy... where John is a "by the script" guy.
Watching the two was a great laugh!

However, after watching their pitch, I started to think about things. I've purchased John's original Traffic Secrets as well as Commission Blueprint from Tim and Steve, Jeff Walker's Product Launch Formula, and Ryan Deiss' Continuity Blueprint. One of the common themes in all of them is the simple fact that the biggest single issue that most of us face is INFORMATION OVERLOAD!

So at this point I am beginning to wonder about the efficacy of offering all of these bonuses that are supposed to convince us to order one product or another through someone's affiliate link. With all of the bonuses offered on my last purchase, it was four months before I could get through them and on to the main object of my purchase. I think it is self defeating to keep on piling it on!

From here on... I am not inclinded to purchase a program from anyone who wants to bog me down with more information!

Nick
8)
Lucidboomer

Postby lisamariemary » Tue May 19, 2009 7:04 pm

the mind-boggling lists and lists and lists of bonuses do absolutely nothing for me.

Now, if a marketer is offering a product of theirs that I've been interested in to go with their affiliate offer - that's always cool.

And if they are offering some free coaching - that's cool, too.

But those never-ending lists of crappy hooha - almost make me lose interest in the original product!!!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Tue May 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Can't stand all the bonuses. I usually skip them because they will just take up space on my hard drive. I have unsubbed from a lot of lists so I don't get much any more in the way of that type of thing. I just like to follow a few great people and maybe one day down the road I'll take a peek at some of the others but for now I feel I accomplish more when I don't follow a ton of 'guru's'.

Too much info is not always a good thing!
angienewton
Elite Member

Bonuses

Postby Lucidboomer » Tue May 19, 2009 11:24 pm

I wondered if it was just me! I too get totally turned off by the bonuses... yet some of the top gurus keep preaching the bonus hooks. I think it's going to backfire on them. In fact, I think that Jeff Walker would be among the first to tell you that the bonus thing is starting to tarnish the system.

Nick
:lol:
Lucidboomer

Postby TorontoCarol » Fri May 22, 2009 10:21 pm

I hesitated about buying a product because there were so many bonuses included that I thought the product itself must have been awful. I ended up purchasing it and was pleasantly surprised by the quality, but I didn't bother downloading any of the bonuses.

Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Sat May 23, 2009 6:46 am

No Nick - not just you. Unsubbed from most all lists myself as well. One bonus, I can perhaps see, but several that I have to keep clicking and clicking and clicking - by the time I get to the last page, I forgot what it was I was actually there to purchase!

If you were at Lynn's 5/19/09 weekly webinar I discussed my views on this a bit. ;)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Sat May 23, 2009 9:51 am

2009 has been my year of unsubscribe! I've removed myself from so many lists this year.

I'm trying to improve my sales copy writing skills so I've been reading a lot of sales letters the past few months. I do find the long lists of 20 some "bonuses" a bit annoying and it does tend to turn me off on the product.

A few bonuses are good though, if they're related to what I'm buying then I'll likely buy it. But, I do agree the long list of 20 some bonuses definitely makes the product itself seem less valuable.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby FredGreen111 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:38 pm

I don't mind a high-quality bonus with direct application/relation to the primary product.

Those laundry lists of bonuses, however, don't do much for me at all.
FredGreen111

Postby Paul Wilson » Sat May 30, 2009 8:49 am

Did anyone buy Mike Filsaime's Butterfly Marketing 2? It depends on who got the best bonuses. I've joined under Gary Ambrose. However Matt Haslem of http://www.matthaslem.com offered Ninja Link Cloaker,
Autoresponder Upgrade, Optin-Accelerator, and a new membership site.

When I found out about this, I told Matt that I've wished that he would
have sent out this email earlier because I would have joined under him
instead of Gary Ambrose.

It's whoever offer the most attractive bonuses
for me. The Ninja Link Cloaker one I wasn't surprised about because I
have enough link cloakers but the other three bonuses would have
been nice.

You're outnumbered because there are a lot of offers out there but you can't respond to them all.
Paul Wilson

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity