[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Pingbacks on Blogs • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Pingbacks on Blogs

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Pingbacks on Blogs

Postby Brismom » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:13 pm

I am not sure exactly what a pingback is for a blog.

I have received 6 pingback requests on my blog that is a page of my website. Is this something that would be to my benefit if I approved them? The site they they are linking back to has no pagerank, and my blog does have a pagerank.

Please give me any advice or info about pingbacks and if they are useful as far as helping you rankings and such.

Thanks!!
Brismom

Postby angienewton » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:41 pm

A ping back is basically when someone else links to your post somewhere else.

I don't always approve all pingbacks. First, I go to the site that it came from and see if they are someone I would feel comfortable linking too. If not, I just delete the pingback but I do approve most of them. If someone legit is linking to me, I feel it's in my benefit to basically link back to them. I personally don't look at their page rank.

If you need help trying to figure out which ones to approve, I'll be happy to give my input.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:28 pm

As long as they are not questionable sites or sites that go against your own ethics, pingbacks (regardless) of page rank, are a great way to start to build relationships with other bloggers/webmasters. :)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby Brismom » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:52 am

Thanks!
Brismom

Postby lisamariemary » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:46 am

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity