[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Traffic Exchanges Do They Really Work • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Traffic Exchanges Do They Really Work

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Traffic Exchanges Do They Really Work

Postby dltart » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:30 am

Greetings to all,

I hope I'm posting in the correct category. I would like your opinion. Traffic exchanges, do they really work?

I have tried some well known and some not so well known traffic exchanges and have received the same results. I sit and surf and surf putting in hours at a time with no results, no sign ups to my affiliate programs or sales from my stores.

My take on the situation is that a good portion of the people buy credits. So in that case who is really seeing your site(s)? I think very very few.

So my site(s) have been seen by the lesser majority (those who are actually surfing for credits) My point is at the end of the day if they haven't joined one of my affiliate programs or bought some thing from my stores, then the time I spent surfing to get the credits to have my site(s) shown is non productive. What have I gained for my efforts?

So what is your experience with traffic exchanges? Do they work for you? If so, how.

Hope to hear your opinion soon.
Dawn
dltart

Postby annalaurabrown » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:39 am

In my opinion they are a waste of time. There are too many other online marketing methods out there that are better.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Kurt Henninger » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:53 am

I would say that doing the actual clicking on a Traffic Exchange are a waste of time. Its simply not worth your time to get the results you need....Yes you can get some minimal results, but is the time investment really worth it?

It is much more time effective to write content that the search engines will index (like articles or on a blog) and keep the process up....
Kurt Henninger

Re: Traffic Exchanges Do They Really Work

Postby Christian Carlisle » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:20 am

Getting traffic is a combination of a lot of things. The key to success is to create great content that visitors want to use, search engines will love and other websites will naturally link to. Of course, it's easier said than done.If you build it, they will come is not necessarily true on the Web. Putting a website up is one thing, but getting visitors to come to your site is another. The process becomes even more difficult if you have limited resources to market your business.
Christian Carlisle

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity