[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to Promote a Teaser Page? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to Promote a Teaser Page?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

How to Promote a Teaser Page?

Postby wahmjennie » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:41 pm

I basically have like a teaser page for my business that I would like to promote but am not sure how. It basically gives the reader only one option to get more information, and that's to fill out and submit a form.

I don't thing I could optimize this page for serch engines because I don't want any articles or other content to distract from the purpose of the page: to get the reader to fill out and submit the form.

I heard that safelists were o.k. but I'm a little skeptical to know if I would be wasting my time sending my opportunity to hundreds of people who just want to send their opportunity to 100's of other people too.

Is is worth the effort or would I be wasting my time? Or is it worth testing?

I'm just not sure where to get started and the search engine phrase I would be competing for with pay-per-click is very fierce, namely home business

So does anyone have any suggestions?
wahmjennie

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:15 am

You could try safelists, but from what I understand they are not very effective unless you are promoting something to do with safelists or free advertising. There are also traffic exchanges like ZoomBlaze or TrafficSwarm - similar to safelists, but based on browser start pages instead of email.

You can still optimize your web page for the search engines simply using on-the-page optimization and a strong Link Strategy. Since it is a competitive area, you'd have to really put some time into the keyword research and find a Primary Keyword Phrase that you could obtain a top ten ranking for - its not impossible, would just take a little time... and would probably result in the best (targeted/qualified) traffic. The same goes for PPC - if you put your time into the keyword research, this could be your cheapest option, that produces the best results.

A couple of other options to consider:

If you give something away to each person who submits the form, you could get your page listed on all of the freebie sites. Or, if you enter them to win something in exchange for filling out the form - you could get your page listed on all of the contest sites. These listings are generally free - and while they are highly effective in driving traffic, I am not sure what type of conversion you might expect from the leads (freebie seekers).

If you are willing to pay for each qualified lead, you could set up an affiliate program. Working with one of the major affiliate networks could get your page a lot of exposure as the affiliates would work hard to promote the page for you in exchange for the commission on every lead generated.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wahmjennie » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:41 pm

Thanks so much Lynn.

How would I go about finding the right key words? I am thinking something related to residual income, but that is probably just as competative, would I try to target keywords that use variations of this phrase, like "home business residual income" and "work at home residual income"

or would I just try to compete for plain old "residual income" ?

Just need to know where to start and how to find out what my competition is for this search term.

-Jennie
wahmjennie

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:58 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wahmjennie » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:27 am

wahmjennie

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:10 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby CorpRebel » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:37 pm

CorpRebel