[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Social Bookmarking Web Promotion • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Social Bookmarking Web Promotion

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Social Bookmarking Web Promotion

Postby StephenR. » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:25 am

You may have noticed a new feature throughout my affiliate directory, article directory and blogs recently. It looks like this:

So what is this multicolored ambiguous trio you ask? It’s called social bookmarking. I'm sure you've gotten and earful on and these past few weeks so I’m not going to beat a dead horse. Plain and simple the most beneficial aspect of social bookmarking is that ACTUAL PEOPLE and not the picky search engines control what content is associated to a relevant tag.

So what does this mean to you?

If you have listed an affiliate program in my directory you can now have your page bookmarked in the major authority sites like del.icio.us, technorati and digg to name a few. In many cases this will give you a free PR 5 link back to your listing in the directory. You may not know but I search engine optimize all your listings and add keyword associated anchor text links within each of your descriptions. =)

This social bookmarking feature works out even better for you if you’re an author on my . Articles are the perfect content to socially bookmark, especially well written informative ones. The exposure these articles receive from authority sites can be tremendous as well as the PR passed.

There are many authority sites you can socially bookmark content to. My favorites are:

...I feel these are the dominant authority sites.

Having said all this however, I do not want you to abuse this marketing method. Let's be honest, not every article is bookmark worthy. :D Only socially bookmark content you honestly enjoyed. This doesn't mean you bookmark your work only. Get involved and read up on your fellow marketers.

I make it a point to only socially bookmark content that I truly feel others can benefit from. Again, please do not abuse this practice. It will only hurt your credibility in the long run and that is everything on the NET.

If you would like to implement this feature on your site, which I highly recommend, you can get the code I use from . Happy bookmarking!
StephenR.

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:14 pm

Excellent information & resources, Stephen!

Thanks ;-)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Pavel » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:27 am

Pavel

Postby StephenR. » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:29 pm

StephenR.

Yes Stephen

Postby massimo » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:11 am

Hi Stephen.
YES, social bookmarks are very useful. I 100% agree with you.

In particular, I use this little-but-nice tool to reach my purposes:

http://www.onlywire.com

I love it. It's simple but very powerful.

Have an amazing day. :wink:
massimo

Postby StephenR. » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:51 pm

Cool tool! Thanks for the info. I'll probably test the two out and see which one works out better. Keepe'm coming!
StephenR.

Postby magicmic » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:56 am

magicmic

Re: Social Bookmarking Web Promotion

Postby John Triscan » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:07 am

John Triscan

Postby StephenR. » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:40 pm

StephenR.

Postby john925 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:44 am

I am going to look more into social bookmarketing. I can see that a large amount of sites are now having links to social bookmarking sites on their own sites so that people can easily bookmark their site.
john925

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity