[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Keyword Research S.O.S or HELP! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Keyword Research S.O.S or HELP!

How to do keyword research, find trends, locate niches, etc. Tools, methods, ideas and Q&A can be found here...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Keyword Research S.O.S or HELP!

Postby sandy47 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:03 pm

sandy47

Postby emarketer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:04 pm

Hi Sandy,

Since pram is not heavily searched, why not use the definition of pram as your keyword and different variations such as:

think of it as self help
try how do i transport my baby
best ways to transport my baby
best transportation for my baby
form of transportation for my baby
how do i safely transport my baby
how to safely use pram

I looked at some of these terms and some of them didn't have too much competition, especially the last one.

One more tip: take a look at some of the highly searched and popular websites in your niche and look at the keywords that they are using. To do this, click on View in your web browser and then click on Source. Look at the keyword and description meta tags.

I hope this helps.
emarketer
Elite Member

Postby sandy47 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:50 pm

Thanks for the advice, :)

Any help at all is appreciated, because I don't feel I can move on to the next hurdle until I can overcome this one. Tell me, how did you come up with those long tail keywords, cause I didn't find any like that?

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. You are suggesting that I use them as keywords in my text aren't you. Sorry if my questions sound dumb, just want to make sure i've got it right.

Sandy. :)
sandy47

Postby emarketer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:13 am

emarketer
Elite Member

Postby sandy47 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks again, :)

I'm sorry perhaps i'm a bit slow here, but I couldn't find any searches at all on those type of phrases. If no one uses phrases like that in there search, why would you use them? I seem to be missing the point. :?

As far as using different combinations, definitions and meanings go I thought that was what I had been trying to do. Perhaps I just need to find different products. Would expanding the umbrella help? You know like instead of just prams try baby accessories. I should point out that prams/babies is not necessarily my "niche", just an example.

Every product I pick seems to end the same way.

I've found some good SEO info in various places so am doing my best to get an understanding, but this keyword thing is bugging me. There's so much to learn, but until I feel I understand the keyword issue I can't really move forward.

Sandy
sandy47

Postby emarketer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:23 am

Sandy I think you're making it more complicated than it really is. Keyword research isn't that hard. Find something that you are knowledgeable about whether it's one baby item or many baby items but it's better to start out with one or two until you get the experience. Just remember to keep it simple. Again, you can find some good keyword research info by searching Squidoo. It's all free. That's one thing that's so great about the internet, so much free information.

I have two pieces of software to recommend to you if you can afford them; the first one is Micro Niche Finder and Market Samurai. Market Samurai has a 40 free trial and it is a great piece of software. It comes with an online tutorial video. Here's the URL: www.marketsamurai.com

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
emarketer
Elite Member

Postby sandy47 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:52 pm

I thought the idea was to find keywords that had reasonable number of searches with a not too competative ratio. Or find keywords less heavily used by your competitors. Can you give me an idea what a reasonable ratio should be? Perhaps your right and I am making it more difficult than necessary, but if everyone is using the same keywords what chance do you have?

Sorry, I guess I'm being a bit of a pest on this issue.

Oh, and there's another thing, I'm such a newbie I don't even know what Squidoo is. :roll:

Sandy
sandy47

Postby karthik26_89 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:10 pm

Sandy,

When you find search terms that have many searches and competition, click on one of these broad keywords. You will get many more keywords which has that broad keyword. These keywords will have average searches and less competition.

Say I search for "weight loss".

I get many results and one of them is "quick weight loss" which has 1698 searches per day according to wordtracker. When you click this keyword, you get some more results. One of them is "Quick natural weight loss" which gets 35 searches per day. This keyword will not be having much competition and with good number of keywords in your article and backlinks to your article, you can get to the first three results in google pretty easily.

One more tip:
You can also include in your article around 4-5 keywords terms that gets searched 5-10 times per day with no competition. You might be able to rank for them easily. If you rank for all these 5 very long tail keywords, it will get you around 50 searches per day out of which your article will get at least 20 visitors per day if you rank in the first three positions.

Hope this helps.
karthik26_89

Postby sandy47 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:50 pm

sandy47

Postby angienewton » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Sandy,
You are not alone feeling this way about keyword research. I have been studying how to do it for a VERY long time and while I was and still am probably constantly over thinking things I want to learn and understand it so I see where you're coming from.

Glad you're starting to understand it all.

Here is one of Lynn's blog posts that might help you with understanding more about keyword research and also a link for a page on her SSWT site.

Hope this helps!
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby sandy47 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:36 am

Angie, :)

It's alway's good to know your not alone. Being stuck at the beginning has been frustrating.

Thanks to all the good advice I have had, I think I can move on to my next challenge. I'm sure there will be more waiting just around the corner. So you'll here alot more from me.

Thanks

Sandy :D
sandy47

Postby pflsara » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:22 pm

Sandy, I am glad you posted this question because I too feel as though i am stuck in the mud. I have researched a few niches and I wasn't certain exactly where to go from there.

Lynn's blog posts helped clear things up a bit more. :)
pflsara

Postby sandy47 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:54 am

Hi, :)

Glad you got something out of it. Have you looked at these two. www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/archives/121504.htm and
www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/archives/122804.htm

I found them helpful. Just keep trying. There's plenty of friendly advice to be found here so don't be afraid to ask questions. Even if you think they're dumb.

Sandy :D
sandy47

Postby pflsara » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:53 am

Thanks sandy. Yes, I did read those blog posts already and found them helpful. :)

I will definitely take advantage of asking for help around here. I'm not afraid to say "I don't understand this or that". :lol:
pflsara

Postby nar321 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Squidoo is one of many in the social networking scene. Viewable at www.squidoo.com Facebook and twitter are others. Do a Google search for social networking to find others
nar321
Elite Member

Next

Return to Market Research