[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Strange/offensive keyword phrase is finding my site! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Strange/offensive keyword phrase is finding my site!

How to do keyword research, find trends, locate niches, etc. Tools, methods, ideas and Q&A can be found here...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Strange/offensive keyword phrase is finding my site!

Postby Mindy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:44 pm

Hi everyone!

I have a strange thing happening with my site www.impariamo.com - I haven't looked at the stats lately, and when I did I was shocked to find that for June and July Google has been referring twice as many visitors to my site than usual, but the reason is because my site is coming up on searches for "free p*rn*" (I replaced the o's with *'s so this site doesn't have the same problem!).

I am diligent about deleting spam and I even delete members who have obviously just signed up to link to a potentially offensive website in their profile. So how is it that this keyword search is turning up my site, which is about learning Italian??? I'm finding it a little disturbing! Any ideas, or suggestions on what I can do about it? Thanks!

--Mindy
Mindy

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:31 pm

Hi Mindy,

The first thing that I would do is check the results for that phrase (ugh) on the three major search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN) and see if you can find which page of your site is listed for that term - and from there, why.

You might also check backlinks for your domain, using the link command on Yahoo Search, and see if sites are linking to pages on your domain using that phrase as the anchor text or link text.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mindy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:46 am

Mindy

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:04 pm

I'm glad to hear you got it resolved!

You should change all of the passwords that relate to your hosting/sites - and perhaps do this every week or every month for awhile ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Steve MacLellan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:51 am

Looking through my stats, I saw that the term "skinny dipping" was getting me quite a bit of traffic. The offending page is here:
http://www.homebusiness-websites.com/my ... _a_li.html

Uh... I guess it's my own fault, though.

Regards,
Steve MacLellan
Steve MacLellan

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:06 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: Strange/offensive keyword phrase is finding my site!

Postby Christian Carlisle » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Strange as it may sound, interference can only occur when no one is watching. Once an observer begins to watch the particles going through the openings, the picture changes dramatically.
Christian Carlisle

Return to Market Research