[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need Help Finding A Niche Market • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need Help Finding A Niche Market

How to do keyword research, find trends, locate niches, etc. Tools, methods, ideas and Q&A can be found here...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Need Help Finding A Niche Market

Postby rafeeqibrahim » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi i want to start a business online but as usual you get stuck before you start.

My biggest problem is finding a niche but i just gave up and thought

I am going to start a web design business and i thought instead of looking for a niche why not just go sign up with elance or some freelance sites and start there.

Elance make there money from charging you a percentage of your earnings.

I want to do affiliate marketing and dropshipping but i cant seem to find a niche.

I mean lets just take an example of selling drills.

How could i sell drills or any other product of my choice?

The difficulty i have with finding a niche is i can only use word tracker as overture does not work with me or is very slow.

I don't understand how you find a niche with a keyword tool because yes you know the competition and searches a month.

To be honest it does not make sense to me about the word tracker kei analysis.

What should the competition figure be to be a niche and what should the search result be?

How will i know i have found a niche or not?

Then how many keywords do you need to find?

Then when you have those keywords what do you do?

I feel so stuck with finding a niche.

Please someone just help.

Sorry so many questions, i sound like a wining baby.
rafeeqibrahim

Free Niche Videos

Postby California Jerry » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:29 am

Hi Rafeeq,

You might be interested in watching Jason Moffatt's videos on Niche Research. They come with his Bag of Tricks which he sells, but I'm giving them away at www.NicheDynasty.com/giveaway . You can see my notes on the videos here: www.JerryLeventer.com/good-niche-bad-niche-videos-notes

You might also want to study the materials that Jimmy D. Brown and Ryan Deiss put out. His membership site has been quite valuable for me at only $10 per month, www.ListAndTraffic.com . You can use my affiliate link if you want: www.JerryLeventer.com/listandtraffic .

Also study the materials at the Underachievers website for the 30 Day Challenge, www.undiesopensource.com/resource.html where Ed Dale and Frank Kern basically give away the farm.
California Jerry
Elite Member

Postby Marc Meole » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:30 am

Some quick tips:

- Don't worry about competition, if there is know competition, it's not worth it (with a few exceptions)

- Just pick topic. Let's say health. DO a search for health forums. Look and see what people are asking and talking about. That will narrow down your nich.

For example, you notice a lot of people are talking about high blood pressure, well there is your niche.

- Now you want to look at what questions are being asked and not answered. There is you market.

I hope that helps some.
Marc Meole

Postby bizdev » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:29 pm

Finding a niche is not just about keywords. That is why so many newbies fail. Rather than look for keywords, look at your own interests first.

If you start a web business about something you know and enjoy and can speak from authority, you are much more likely to succeed. Find your niche and build from there. Then you search for your keywords and optimize the site.
bizdev

Re: Need Help Finding A Niche Market

Postby Christian Carlisle » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Chinese Scooter sales are very hot right now. You don't need inventory as they are dropped shipped from the manufacturers hubs.
Christian Carlisle

Return to Market Research