[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Site5 vs. Hostgator? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Site5 vs. Hostgator?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Site5 vs. Hostgator?

Postby Mohamad Zaki Hussein » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:32 pm

Hi,

I'm searching for a shared hosting, have two candidates, namely Hostgator and Site5. Which one is more reliable?

Maybe you can share your experiences with me.

Regards,
Zaki
Mohamad Zaki Hussein

Postby JimS » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:53 pm

Hi Zaki,

I have never used HostGator, but have heard both good and bad about them, like any large host I suppose.

I too considered them, then discovered Site5. For my money, the best hosting about! Great service, a friendly forum and the staff at Site5 are very responsive.

I have reffered about 30 folks to them in the last two years and not one has dropped off, that has to tell you something.

You can go to their forum and ask as many 'pre-sales' questions as you want before you decide. How many hosts are that confident?

Just my 10 cents worth, hope it helps

Cheers
Jim
JimS

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:52 pm

I'm using HostGator (as well as ThirdSphere) and am very pleased with them. The service & support has been super quick, and I like the fact that they have a toll free number and live chat option too.

For under $10/month you can host multiple websites/domains on the one account, and it uses cPanel.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby stephfoster » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:31 pm

stephfoster

Postby Mohamad Zaki Hussein » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:13 pm

Hi Jim, Lynn and Steph,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

About hostgator, I heard that they enforce 25 concurrent mysql connections limit to their shared plans, will this cause trouble if we use forum and the traffic to our forum grows?

Thanks,
Zaki
Mohamad Zaki Hussein

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:20 am

I'm not sure about that. My forum is actually hosted on my ThirdSphere account...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Webhosting Forum

Postby Johnny » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:22 am

Try to find your answer at www.webhostingtalk.com
This is a forum delicate to web hosting, and you will get more relevant infomation from there.
Johnny

Postby The Force » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:48 am

The Force

Postby RKramkowski » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:08 pm

Since I'm on the cusp of signing on with a hosting service, and HostGator and Site5 are the main contendors, what do you see going downhill with HostGator?

Thanks'
Bob
RKramkowski

Postby The Force » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:48 am

The Force

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:07 am

Last edited by Lynn Terry on Thu May 11, 2006 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby heather2 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:59 am

heather2

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting