[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - OK, this is it! Time to migrate off of GoDaddy - Help!! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

OK, this is it! Time to migrate off of GoDaddy - Help!!

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

OK, this is it! Time to migrate off of GoDaddy - Help!!

Postby RKramkowski » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:33 am

OK, we keep getting the following message when we try to go to DNS management at GoDaddy:

"The domain associated with this hosting account is not registered with your account. Please call customer support".

I've already plugged in their nameservers at the registrar (days ago). Whois shows me the proper nameservers but not an IP addr. Inside GoDaddy, I can see the domain I created and an IP addr. It looks like there's a missing connection between the domain and their nameservers.

Everytime they have us make a change, they refuse to talk to us for 48 hrs to make sure everything propagates. But it is obvious the problem is inside GoDaddy since I can see the propagation well before 48 hrs and even after 48 hrs whois still cannot see an IP addr. Now we're going on four days of being down.

So it's time to migrate. What do I have to do to migrate all my files and databases off fo GoDaddy and onto Hostgator? Can I just FTP all the files from GoDaddy to HostGator? I know that the databases have to be exported and re-imported though. I've never done that before. Any tips and suggestions to make it go smoothly?

BTW, it is a WP 2.5.1 blog with two mySQL databases.

Thanks,
Bob Kramkowski
RKramkowski

Postby robert adams » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:19 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Russell Portwood » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:29 am

Russell Portwood
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:11 am

robert adams
Elite Member