[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Godaddy and nameservers • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Godaddy and nameservers

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Godaddy and nameservers

Postby RKramkowski » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:34 pm

RKramkowski

Postby robert adams » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:04 am

first, this hopefully will answer your question:
http://help.godaddy.com/article/1361

second, normally people do this the other way.

godaddy is one of the worst hosts in the world, but one of the best domain registrars in the world.

be sure that your client gets linux hosting and not windows hosting.

on godaddy's windows hosting accounts, things like php/mysql based bulletin boards and blogs, do not work.

their tech support is laughable at best.....

I could go on but I won't.

good luck,
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Russell Portwood » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:57 am

Russell Portwood
Elite Member

Postby GDHosting » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:49 pm

It's not at all difficult to obtain the nameservers. The article Robert provided is an excellent resource or you can go directly to this article:
http://help.godaddy.com/article/41

Please don't hesitate to contact our if you have additional questions.

Regards,
GDHosting

Postby robert adams » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:16 am

ooh, Alica, you have stepped into the lion's den.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Kit Singleton » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:53 am

Lol, I don't want this to turn into a "my hosting is better than your hosting" thing but I did want to add my thoughts. I have sites on both GD and on HG.

I haven't run into any trouble with the tech folks at either place. As with any other tech service departments, there can be misunderstandings (mumbles about not being bilingual) and there are newbie techs.

Thankfully my experiences have been good for all of the hosting/tech companies I use.

*swats the lions on the nose with a rolled up newspaper - BACK!*
Kit Singleton

Postby robert adams » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:08 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby GDHosting » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:56 pm

Robert,
I'm glad to be here and hope that I can provide some assistance!

Good news! PHP 5 is now fully supported on Windows shared hosting accounts running IIS 7, as referenced in .

Thanks for all the feedback!

Kit,
Glad to hear your experiences have been good!

Regards,
GDHosting

Postby Russell Portwood » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:04 am

Alicia:
Great to have you here, and thanks for helping out! Let me know if there is anything we can do to help you.

While every hosting company has its pluses and minuses, one thing is for sure; if you are willing to enter the "den" to help out it says you and GoDaddy are willing to put yourselves out there to provide service. I admire that.

Again, thanks.

Russell
Russell Portwood
Elite Member

Postby RKramkowski » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:56 pm

RKramkowski

Postby KansasDragon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:21 pm

KansasDragon

Postby RKramkowski » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:54 am

Hi Barry and Ann,

Problem is that I'm doing this for someone on their hosting account. Any requests I make will go to their default mail address, not mine.

Bob
RKramkowski

Postby KansasDragon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:48 am

KansasDragon

Postby RKramkowski » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:36 pm

RKramkowski

Postby RKramkowski » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:12 pm

RKramkowski

Next

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting