[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - 3 way linking • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

3 way linking

Need links? Sure you do! This is the spot for Members to exchange links with each other. Be sure to read the Guidelines before posting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

3 way linking

Postby thealexangroup » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:07 pm

can someone give me the definitive definition of "3 way linking" and more importantly, does anybody have experience utilizing 3 way with their sites?

alx
thealexangroup

Postby GaryHarvey » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:07 am

thealexangroup,

Jon Leger has written a lot about 3 way linking and
has a good product that does this. (PM me for my
affiliate link if you wish. -- if this sort of comment
isnt allowed, somebody please tell me as I am new
here.)

Once upon a time in Internet Land, you and I could
swap links and Google counted both of them.

Gary.com linked to Alex.com
Alex.com linked to Gary.com

This was called a reciprocal link.

Then the spammers caught onto this and killed
the goose that was laying the golden linking egg.

So now, all reciprocal links are of limited weight
when Google calculates the page rank of any page
at your site.

What works now is 3 way linking which looks like
this:

Gary links to Alex.
Alex links to Lynn.
Lynn links to Gary.

3 links. Or it could be 4-5-6-7-etc.

The main thing is: they are not reciprocal.

But it gets a little more complicated, and I mention
this so you dont think 'Hey I will just buy 3 domains
and link them all up'.

Google also takes into account the IP address of
the linking sites. If they look like they all come
from the same stable (oops, some horse talk...
and I dont even own a horse!), they also devalue
those links.

... which is why posting blog comments all over
the place is a good idea, with a link back to your
site in your sig.

Or use a service like Jon Leger's where his software
does all the work. You just pay a monthly fee
and add a tiny bit of code to your pages.

Hope this helps,
Gary

PS
There's a contact link at my site.
GaryHarvey

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:41 pm

This is an awesome answer, Gary! We'd love to see you around here again! :)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby GaryHarvey » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:11 pm

GaryHarvey

Postby angienewton » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Sounds like a great link, Gary. It's late right now but I'll check it out soon. I have recently been able to get quite a few blog posts on to page one of Google but of course I would like to get up in the top 3 ha ha.

Thanks for sharing.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby GaryHarvey » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:56 pm

One of the DIY resources offers a system that can
pretty much DOMINATE page 1.

http://getongooglepageone.com/diy/

See what you think, Angie.

Gary
GaryHarvey

Postby lisamariemary » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:57 am

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Re: 3 way linking

Postby sanilbd » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Google also takes into account the IP address of
the linking sites. If they look like they all come
from the same stable (oops, some horse talk...
and I dont even own a horse!), they also devalue
those links.
sanilbd

Return to Link Exchanges