[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone Gonna Try Out The New phpBB Version 3.0? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone Gonna Try Out The New phpBB Version 3.0?

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Anyone Gonna Try Out The New phpBB Version 3.0?

Postby CorpRebel » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:03 am

Looks like the totally new version (v3.0) of the phpBB was finally released earlier today.

Probably might try it out as a totally new install as it isn't upgradable from versions 2.0.x yet.

Should keep the theme and plugin making programmers/designers busy trying to get updates for 3.0 out. heh heh

AND they are ONLY going to "officially" support versions 2.0.22 and the new 3.0.

More info here ...

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=615945

Image 8)
Last edited by CorpRebel on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
CorpRebel

Postby Ellen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:53 pm

Ellen

Postby allmylovecrafts » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:10 am

We are going to launching our new PHPBB3 in about 2 weeks.
We are having a pay processor built & that has taken some time.
I am still finding my way around the back. I did the simple stuff & let Brad take care of the "could blow up" things. We tried to change the name of the Registered User group & it gave the site a melt down.
We had some issues with our skin but, got that handled - I think. LOL!
Sheryl Loch
allmylovecrafts

Postby terrapin719 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:27 pm

I really want to update to version 3, I hear that it has better spam protection options built into it, I'm not sure if my forum templates will work in it though so I have to set up a test location first.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:01 pm

I STILL haven't upgraded to v3.0. No real need but right now I just don't want the hassle. But I'll probably try it later on. heh heh

8)
CorpRebel

Postby robert adams » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:36 am

nothing that works in phpbb2 will work in phpbb3

It is a complete rewrite of the software.

There are already quite a few MODs and styles for it, but not near as many as for phpbb2.

The new user permissions system is drastically different from the old one. I have not even had time to figure it out at all.

The visual confirmation part of the registration ( CAPTCHA ) is stronger than the old one in phpbb2.

Also, the main way to stop the spammer bots is by adding a new field to the registration and making it required. In phpbb2, there is a MOD called the RAC MOD that does this.

In phpbb3, you can add whatever new fields you want from the admin panel without having to install a MOD or edit any files.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites